Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Are These Sensors On The Front Door Pillars?

ProwlingTiger

When I had my first carina, I didnt know much about them back then and I noted it had two sensor type things fitted on the pillars either side of the windscreen inside the car just above the dash. I thought nothing of them and thought someone had installed an old alarm as they didnt do anything.

Now I have got another Carina, I have the same sensors in the same place, and this time one of them flashes when it sensors movement. Is this an alarm as I cant find anything in the engine bay that resembles an alarm, and the keys I have are diffferent as the barrel locks had to be changed ect so not sure if they have a chip in them.

Does anyone else have these installed on their Carina and know what they do?

Any help on this would be appreciated as I am very baffled by it, and nothing in the manufactures books mention anything about it?

Without sounding stupid, how? Do i just attatch a file as requested below were it says "attachments"?

Without sounding stupid, how? Do i just attatch a file as requested below were it says "attachments"?

These are motion sensors for the alarm.

THanx for that Trev.

I had an idea they were but unsure, but no idea the car had an alarm.....nothng is the user manuals about the alarm which i find strange? How do i know if it works? There are no extra buttons in the cabin or anything so would have no idea how to turn it on or off. All i got with the car was 2 keys, one for the ignition and the other for the locks as locks had to be changed.

You can only turn it on off by the two button remotes that you don't have. There is a thread on here somewhere on how to disable the alarm.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links