Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Irritating Sound In My Prado

bwsy2002

Hi to all 4x4 gurus,

Recently I can clearly hear the irritating sound (sharp noise) from inside my Prado Tz. I have checked the gearbox and engine at experinced workshop but they claimed that my prado was in excellent condition.

I still dont give up and decide to have a check on my own. I have checked all the plastic hooks and dashboard as well as all the possible part inside the car for loosen screws or nuts. But till the end I could not even find the source of noise!

The noise irritating sound can be heard whenever the car RPM increase to between 1500 - 2000. Below or beyond this range the sound is disappeared any way. It may not cause any harm to my car (I guess) as I used to drive the car with the sound for more than 15,000 km and it seems no major failure to the car components. So I guess the sound may be just caused by some part in the car due to vibration (there is no such sound from outside the car).

I have recorded the sound and posted it here, hoping some gurus may be experinced or familiar with this irritating sound. I found it very annoying when driving along with this noise. Please dont mind to give your advice so I may solve this problem asap.

Thanks/

Sound clip.wav

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links