Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 1.6 Valvematic 09

Kwazii

Its really hard pinning down specific year specs for these cars! I was planning on buying an 09 1.6 Valvematic (approx £9000), rather than a VVT-i (I do a lot of motorway driving and believe I would need the 6 speed gearbox). I think the 2010 valvematics were facelifted and have USB connectors to allow play of MP3 from USB sticks, does anyone know if the 09 Valvematics have this capability?

As far as I know only the facelifted versions from 2010 onwards have USB concetivity. :thumbsup:

I have an October 2009 Auris 1.33TR, which was introduced the same time as the 1.6 Valvematic. This level of trim doesn't have a USB connector.

The stereo is able to play MP3's recorded on a CDRW

Thanks for your replies.

Is my assumption correct that I should go for the six speed gearbox for mostly motorways/dual carriageways? I ask as I'm torn between a £7500 1.6 Auris VVT-i or the £9000 1.6 Valvematic (pre 2010 facelift). Both Manual Petrol.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the 1.6 VVT-i (March '09), the motor spins ~3500 rpm at 70 mph (on motorways), and personally think it could do with a 6th gear.

I have the 1.6 VVT-i (March '09), the motor spins ~3500 rpm at 70 mph (on motorways), and personally think it could do with a 6th gear.

if the fiquirs you give are are exact then your readings are spot on.

fifth gear should give 20mph per 1000 revs.

where mine at say 3000 rev gives about 62 mph.

yes would like a 6 speed box,but would expensive to fit one.

but how accurate is a speedo when you take tyre wear into consideration.

I would definetly go for the 6 speed. My 1.6 Valvematic in 6th at 70mph has 2500rpm and instant consumption is around 50-55mpg. :thumbsup:

if the fiquirs you give are are exact then your readings are spot on.

fifth gear should give 20mph per 1000 revs.

where mine at say 3000 rev gives about 62 mph.

yes would like a 6 speed box,but would expensive to fit one.

but how accurate is a speedo when you take tyre wear into consideration.

Sat nav says that an indicated 60 is a bit low but agrees pretty well with the speedo at 70 mph (as far as I recall)

I would definetly go for the 6 speed. My 1.6 Valvematic in 6th at 70mph has 2500rpm and instant consumption is around 50-55mpg. :thumbsup:

That sounds more like it...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links