Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mot & Service

PaulGP

Hi all - my Aygo is coming up to 3 years old on March 7th. I need to book the 3 year service and MOT - does anyone have any idea of what the approx. cost will be? I'm taking it to Fish brothers in Swindon & remember last year someone on here gave me a guide price & I managed to knock my dealer down a bit. Thanks for your help.

Our last dealer service was its third and was done last January - it cost £110. Max charge for an MOT is about £55.

Not sure about service charges i do my aygo myself £45!! but i wouldnt get the mot somewhere where they are offering good mot prices some places in norfolk £30 i know you are much further out. Its only 3 years old and it will be first mot shouldnt fail unless tyre tread is below legal limit or damaged,or wiper blade or winscreen defect.

Thanks guys - called dealer today & dave is spot on - £110 service & £55 MOT.

One other question - the car was registered on 7th March 08, do I need the first MOT certificate before the end of February 2011 to obtain my next road tax disc (due to start 1 March)? Strictly speaking, the car is still under 3 years old when the tax is due.

Thanks for your help.

if memory serves me right (normally change my cars after 2 years) it says at the bottom of your tax renewal letter if you need a MOT.

if memory serves me right (normally change my cars after 2 years) it says at the bottom of your tax renewal letter if you need a MOT.

Thanks

After googling around - I think I can renew the tax this time without the MOT as the car is not 3 years old when it's due. I will be getting it done in last week in Feb anyhow to avoid the new car rush at Toyota in the first week of March.

You can get the MOT done up to one month in advance of the due date, and have the MOT dated for the due date.

For example our Mazda 2 was due for it's third year service and MOT on 1st September 2010. Informed the dealer of the MOT due date when booking the service. Had the service and MOT done 13th August - MOT dated for 1st September. Taxed the car from 1st September on-line with no problem (by then the MOT had appeared on the DVLA database).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links