Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Battery For My Car

CorollaD4D

Below is a picture of my current car Battery. it will be 7 years old this september and has more or less given up with my powerful audio system and generally due to it's age. My engine is 2.0d4d, you can take the specs off the Battery picture below I just wondered if you guys had any advice on which make of Battery I should get? Exide? Bosch? And possibly any suggestions where I can get the battery from cheap apart from my local motor factors which I will ofcourse phone tomorrow...

I wouldn't mind getting or paying for a more powerful battery as long as it fits without modification to the bracketry...

photokl.th.jpg

Hi,

Just been checking on prices for mine - seems the 2006 factory fitted Delphi batteries are only good for just over 4 years.

My slightly smaller Bosc S4 005 is going for £60 + vat at both ECP and GSF - so would think your S4 008 /96 would be about £5 -10 more.

Some online places are equal or better inc delivery - but wouldn't want them thrown around by a standard carrier myself.

Trade opinion is stick to the S4 with 4 years warranty rather than the S5 - but your choice.

Get a big one :lol:

My brother's Corolla 2.0D4D finally killed its Battery and he had to replace it last week.

I don't know if anyone remembers, but after he bought it I came on here trying to find out why it had such a hard time starting.

We now know it wasn't faulty glow plugs or a dodgy starter motor or anything, but was in fact the Battery!

He checked the manual when getting a replacement and the new one he got is twice the size of the one that was in there when he bought it; It's like something out of a truck/van!!! :lol:

Now it starts smooth as teflon off an icerink ;)

Yeah i suffered with the same sort of prob last year, so i changed from my old one to this little baby

gallery_1491_1080_8919.jpg

gallery_1491_1080_8549.jpg

Click on the pic, will take you to where i got mine from, and alot of other brands there too

Excellent service i have to say, and if in stock, should be with you next day, no messing about these guys :thumbsup:

Bing

:thumbsup:

I've got a optima red top and I have to say its a very very good Battery had it for 3 years now and I've never had any problems with it ever abit pricey but you will never have to worry about the Battery ever again

you can also run massive sound systems off them and they just take it with no problems :D

and I just sold my yellow top for 100 quid bargain!!!!

yeah i've been in the audio scene years i know about the optimas and stingers etc but to be honest for the power levels i'll be running in my next system (max 900w rms) i just need a decent normal Battery and big 3 upgrade and it will be fine.

been looking at Bosch s4 vs s5, anyone know any compelling reason to go for s4 over the s5, the s5 seems a much sturdier Battery, whereas the s4 seems to just about fulfill up to manufacturer's specs and thats it?

I would suggest Bosch which is actually a rebadged varta but considering the audio interest, perhaps a yellow top or those gel things would be better?

As its a diesel the Battery will be big whatever.

The audio interest is present however I am majorly downsizing to 'only' 900w rms and that 900w rms is at full tilt which I don't do so my audio will be running much less than that. And other than the audio there is no accessory in my car, apart from the occasional tomtom or mobile phone charger so I was thinking going for a higher-than-oem-specs traditional Battery will be fine rather than going the optima or gel route I don't really want to spend money on the car where I don't need to may sell it later in the year...

I mean this current Battery is shot now and has been through some tough times with the weather and the other bigger audio systems I've had in there so surely a decent big normal Battery (brand new of course) will be able to cope?

Incidentally anyone know why my revs (when idleing) dip and then come back up when I put my windows up?

Incidentally anyone know why my revs (when idleing) dip and then come back up when I put my windows up?

Bit like a power surge type thing, mine does that too, but then anything electrical usually makes my rev counter move where ever it feels like it :lol:

There is an electrical load input to the ECU (there are actually several) that monitors various things but one is the alternator voltage, when it detects a drop, in the case of a petrol it opens the idle control valve some more, in the case of a diesel sprays more fuel in.

Aah excellent thanks for that guys! I was thinking my alternator was on the way out again after only have it refurbished recently.

seems I can lay my hands on a Bosch S5 Battery for £80 (brand spanking of course) from the local motor factor. Didn't ask the guy on the phone exact specs but he assured me the Battery exceeded the ratings on my current factory Battery.

What you rekon, shall I go for it?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links