Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Ordered Another Yaris

Lancs_lad

My wifes a driving instructor and bought a yaris TR D4D in October 2008. We paid 11,500 for it and she's been really pleased with the car. In November 2010 she took the car in for service and they tried to sell us a replacement. The TR they offered us was at book price and they offered us £5,500 on hers so we decided not to bother.

What a difference a month makes, we took the car in last week in order to have the bonnet latch adjusted under warranty and noticed the upgrade offer to the T Spirit so we made a few enquiries and also priced the car up on a few internet brokers. To cut a long story short we've now decided to change as the new T Spirit is coming in at £12,809 including metallic paint and free dual controls worth £450 and we've also got £6,750 p/ex for delivery on 1st April (New Tax Year)

I know there's a new model out later this year but thought this deal was unmissable. Just gotta avoid any mishaps between now and April:)

To say something slightly off topic, I can't believe how much the prices went up since August 2009 when I bought my Yaris. All together it cost me £8.900 on a scrap scheme. But due to financing it on a 3 year plan it will cost me £10,800 after paying in full in a yera/half time. Now, I can see the same car with the same spec is already around £14,600! It's insane how much the prices changed. :blink:

Prices do seem to have gone a bit silly, and at a time when we are in a so called recession. Beats me.

Lancs Lad, as long as you are happy with the deal, thats all that matters. Enjoy

Prices do seem to have gone a bit silly, and at a time when we are in a so called recession. Beats me.

Lancs Lad, as long as you are happy with the deal, thats all that matters. Enjoy

It may have something to do with the mk3 yaris that's coming next year which may boast similar prices for a brand new larger car to the outgoing older model,what a bargain! Just call me cynical!

Big changes in the value of the Yen and the Euro against the Pound have caused UK prices to go up significantly over the last 18 months.....

And it looks like Toyota are doing what they need to to to keep up sales of the current model in its "close-out" year.

I got the same offer letter in the post today from my dealer, to buy a new T-Spirit Yaris for the same price as a TR, if I traded in my current car....

Big changes in the value of the Yen and the Euro against the Pound have caused UK prices to go up significantly over the last 18 months.....

And it looks like Toyota are doing what they need to to to keep up sales of the current model in its "close-out" year.

I got the same offer letter in the post today from my dealer, to buy a new T-Spirit Yaris for the same price as a TR, if I traded in my current car....

I meant the Yen/GBP exchange rate and the Euro/GBP exchange rates have changed.

There's been a big change in Euro/GBP exchange rates since 2008 and that does make everything sourced from Europe and sold in UK more expensive.

On top of that, although its built in Europe, there will still be components sourced from Japan that will cost more - and when the company exec in Japan are doing their finances, they report them in Yen as its a Japanese company, so if the exchange rates in Yen have gone down, they need to make more profit in pounds or euros to meet their percentage profit targets they set at the start of the financial year.