Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Electronic Handbrake Failure

smurphy26

40 minutes ago, fredie999 said:

i have a 2012 toyota avensis had it four years and the electronic brake has let me down many time had to run along side of my car and jump in to stop it  its time toyota recalled all avensis with this massive expensive problom  fred

Presumably you don't park the car in gear, which, if you did, would reduce the chance of the car running away.

If you think the Avensis should be recalled, you need to use DVSA's system for reporting faults, and, if there are a sufficient number of similar complaints, DVSA will investigate the issue with the manufacturer.

Unless owners use the reporting system, nothing will happen - so the onus is on you.

10 hours ago, fredie999 said:

i have a 2012 toyota avensis had it four years and the electronic brake has let me down many time had to run along side of my car and jump in to stop it  

Hi Fred, welcome to TOC 🙂

Is it actually a 2012 MY car or a late registered 2011? There is a difference in EPB behaviour (auto apply on engine off v manual application required). Having had a 2012 MY for 6 years & now a 2017 for 2 years I never had a problem with the EPB failing to hold. However, being old school I also park with the car in gear &, if on a slope, with the front wheels turned in an appropriate direction.