Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headunit Stuck Open

freestyle

went to change cd's last night and the stereo has decided that it doesnt want to eject the cd, just flash the cd button light, resulting in the touchscreen being stuck open and me having to listen to some awful radio station :-(

it does appear to try and do something with the disc when turning the ignition on but it doesnt eject or play, it also makes some beeps when turning the igntion off.

anyone had any similar problems or have an idea on how to fix it?

You could treat it like the I.T. man would do with a Windoze computor. Pull the fuse or disconnect the Battery?

I'll give that a go, will it lose any settings or need a security code

I'll give that a go, will it lose any settings or need a security code

When I had a dead Battery a few months ago, and my T180 had been sitting idle for a few days, I thought my settings would disappear.

But after changing out the Battery, everything went back okay. My satnav points and bluetooth settings were still there.

There was no security code to enter - but then I don't recall ever setting one in the first place.

The B9004 unit will lose radio presets and audio settings when the permanent Battery supply is removed. Yes, it keeps the phone and sat nav info.

The screen will push back by hand if you are careful, but it's mechanism is not at all linked to the CD ejection mechanism.

Is there an extra label or anything on the CD which might contribute to it sticking on eject? The ejection mechanism does seem to very occasionally get confused.

Can you see anything of the CD through the slot? If so, can it be push back in at all?

At least when you disassemble that unit, the CD module is at the top and about the easiest thing to get access to, with minimal disassembly

Thanks for everyones input, fuse/disconnecting the power didn't solve it but i managed to figure it out for anyone who may experience the same problem.

When you insert the cd, two little prongs raise to hold the cd in (one 1/4 along the slot, the other 3/4 along) these had stopped halfway down so i gently pressed on top of the left hand one and the eject mechanism jumped into life and spat my cd out.

Only thing now is........

After disconnecting my Battery the menus are now a blue colour when they used to be an orange colour, yet i cant find anywhere that has an option for colour selection!!!

Any ideas on that one??

Thanks for everyones input, fuse/disconnecting the power didn't solve it but i managed to figure it out for anyone who may experience the same problem.

When you insert the cd, two little prongs raise to hold the cd in (one 1/4 along the slot, the other 3/4 along) these had stopped halfway down so i gently pressed on top of the left hand one and the eject mechanism jumped into life and spat my cd out.

Only thing now is........

After disconnecting my battery the menus are now a blue colour when they used to be an orange colour, yet i cant find anywhere that has an option for colour selection!!!

Any ideas on that one??

Suspect there's some folk who would like to make all their display lighting blue..............

After disconnecting my battery the menus are now a blue colour when they used to be an orange colour, yet i cant find anywhere that has an option for colour selection!!!

Yes the option is there, I just can't remember where (I usually just hunt for it). Hopefully somebody that has this B9004 unit will comment. It's probably under one of the menus accessible when you press the "setup" button. It is under there on my current unit, which is similar.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links