Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annoying Rattling Noise

PaulGP

My 3 year warranty is nearly up - I've been getting an annoying rattling noise for some time now, it seems to be coming from the rear of the car on the drivers side & I just can't pin down what's causing it. Sometimes it's not too bad but recently it's there all the time. Has anyone experienced the same or have any ideas what may be causing it.

Thanks for your help.

My 3 year warranty is nearly up - I've been getting an annoying rattling noise for some time now, it seems to be coming from the rear of the car on the drivers side & I just can't pin down what's causing it. Sometimes it's not too bad but recently it's there all the time. Has anyone experienced the same or have any ideas what may be causing it.

Thanks for your help.

A suggestion......

The rear lower seatbelt mounts used to rattle on mine.

Where it is near the rear wheel arch.

The metal part of the belt is a slack fit on it's bolt.

Give it a tap to see if it's the right noise.

Cured by wrapping a thin rubber

band tightly round the bolt just under the head.

You could always try it for the price of two rubber bands.

Ian.

Thanks for your help.

A suggestion......

The rear lower seatbelt mounts used to rattle on mine.

Where it is near the rear wheel arch.

The metal part of the belt is a slack fit on it's bolt.

Give it a tap to see if it's the right noise.

Cured by wrapping a thin rubber

band tightly round the bolt just under the head.

You could always try it for the price of two rubber bands.

Ian.

Thanks Ian - I'll have a look at that.

the plastic boot tray used to rattle alot in mine at random intervals as well as the handle off the jack so I wrapped some old towels around a few bits in the and its been rattle free ever since.

the plastic boot tray used to rattle alot in mine at random intervals as well as the handle off the jack so I wrapped some old towels around a few bits in the and its been rattle free ever since.

Thanks Rob - I'll have a look at that.

Annoying rattles in our previous Aygo were caused by either:

The rear seats not being pushed back hard enough... that's a high pitched nasty noise

Part of the top of the strut coming loose (apparently)

Not shutting the boot properly - similar noise to the seats not being back enough

Seat belts squeaky where the thing you plug the seatbelts into (I have no idea what the proper name is) bolts to the seat.

New Aygo just rattles where the plugs for the heated rear screen don't seem to want to push in properly, or if the seat belt buckle thing (that I still don't know what the proper name is) is resting on the metal plate that the split rear seats hinge on.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got it fixed - took it to the dealer for service & MOT - they investigated & found it was loose pins in the hinges above the rear glass door - replaced with new ones under warranty & so far 2 days of rattle free motoring! Toyota dealer in Swindon have provided me with very good service. I hope this may help anyone in a similar situation as they said it was quite a common problem.

I'm getting a weird squeak when going over bumps in the road coming from the back window.

I can only think it's the hinges.

It's only audible when I've got music off.

Other than that it's just the passenger seat that rattles :)

I get an intermitant squeak/rattle from the rear. I got my missus to sit in the back & figure out where it was coming from. When she pressed against the rear screen the noise would disappear. It only happens now & then, so i'll attempt a permanent fix when i've got time. (hasn't happened for a couple of weeks now).

• 4 months later...

Hi, new to this site......we had a rattle from the rear of our Platinum and had exactly the same rattle on our previous 107....i traced it to the rear belt anchor points and used rubber "o" rings....worked a treat!!! why don't Toyota/Citroen/Peugeot just add a rubber washer and save us all a lot of irritation!