Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wont Start

nate82

my 01 corolla wont start the Battery is good as well as the starter when the key is turned to start position there is absolutely nothing. can anyone help?

my 01 corolla wont start the battery is good as well as the starter when the key is turned to start position there is absolutely nothing. can anyone help?

Make sure that your Battery terminals are clean and tightened properly

Do your headlamps dim when you try to start your car?

Is the engine earth strap making good connection?

What is your Battery voltage when tested under load?

Just a few basics to check :thumbsup:

my 01 corolla wont start the battery is good as well as the starter when the key is turned to start position there is absolutely nothing. can anyone help?

headlights dont dim load is good on Battery not Battery issue

Battery may be good but have you checked your engine earth connector lead and the battery connections for cleanliness and tightness?

Yes all connections are good all wiring is good

so my lights do dim just couldnt tell while by myself yesterday in daylight and the voltage is good at the

starter

so my lights do dim just couldnt tell while by myself yesterday in daylight and the voltage is good at the

starter

Do you mean that your headlight dim, just a little or really go dim ?

When you turn the ignition on you pause before turning it to the starter position, when you do that two clicks would normally be heard together.

One is the small Starter relay in the fuse box and the other is the loud click from the big starter solenoid in the starter motor assembly - can you hear either of them ?

Its when the starter motor solenoid closes that the headlights would dim very noticably, if the power was getting though it ok.

Have you checked the starter fuses for your model - there might be one or two - check your handbox or the lid of the fusebox to identiy them.

To check things further you may need a test voltmeter /multimeter - do you have one ? - only a couple of pounds at the supermarkets

starter

Do you mean that your headlight dim, just a little or really go dim ?

When you turn the ignition on you pause before turning it to the starter position, when you do that two clicks would normally be heard together.

One is the small Starter relay in the fuse box and the other is the loud click from the big starter solenoid in the starter motor assembly - can you hear either of them ?

Its when the starter motor solenoid closes that the headlights would dim very noticably, if the power was getting though it ok.

Have you checked the starter fuses for your model - there might be one or two - check your handbox or the lid of the fusebox to identiy them.

To check things further you may need a test voltmeter /multimeter - do you have one ? - only a couple of pounds at the supermarkets

ok thanks ill try that and inform on how it goes

At the starter you should get a 12v (Battery voltage) constant feed (thick wire) and a switchable feed (thinner wire) this only gets Battery voltage when the key is turned to the start position, it usually drops to bout 10 or 11 volts.

You will need someone to help while doing this test.

If you are getting giod voltage down both lines then you starter is faulty.