Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Corolla Thread

corollat3sport

cheers dude they look pretty good.

have you thought about a TRD badge instea of a TS badge? think im gonna get a couple of them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1d6f1a6fdb8bbc1

no worries and thank you

no i have'nt really thought about that, might give it a go as it goes only at the front though, dont really know if its going to suit the back of the car so i aint too sure

im gonna get one for the grill and one to replace my t3 Badge. or if that dont look good il stick them on the wing behind the indicator :)

i think thats a rly good effort mate espec considering its your first car and your age! imo i like the badges on there, if some people see you and think your driving a t sport, that can only be a good thing! after all theres not masses of difference in appearance between the t sport and stock corolla espec the pre facelift. id get the plate sorted and be looking for a tte spoiler to finish off that back end!

im gonna get one for the grill and one to replace my t3 badge. or if that dont look good il stick them on the wing behind the indicator :)

hope it turns out looking fantastic where ever you put them on :)

i think thats a rly good effort mate espec considering its your first car and your age! imo i like the badges on there, if some people see you and think your driving a t sport, that can only be a good thing! after all theres not masses of difference in appearance between the t sport and stock corolla espec the pre facelift. id get the plate sorted and be looking for a tte spoiler to finish off that back end!

thanks a bunch mate :D im going to get the back Badge too and replace it for the t3 Badge

i have got the rear tte spoiler but it isnt genuine so no tte logo :( but hopefully its going to be on the car soon so il put pics up when its on and yeah i am going to change the plates as i have realised how horrible they look...errr lol

again thanks for the comments :)

Hi, just thought i'll show you guys my corolla, it's a 1.4 t3

i bought it when i was 17 just before i passed and have done a few things to it that i would like to show you guys

here's the mods that i have done:

Front strut brace

HID's (8000k)

LED side lights, license plate lights, tail/stop lights & front fog lights

Pioneer CD player

K&N 57i induction kit

Mtec front drilled and grooved disc brakes

Tints all round

T sport badge at the front :P

T sport alloys

well nice car mate. im thinkin of getting the 1.6 version of this car.

so i was wondering if it is a nice car to drive and how does yours perform?

0-60 time?

cheers mate and nice car.

clean up that engine bay and that car would look propa mint.

well nice car mate. im thinkin of getting the 1.6 version of this car.

so i was wondering if it is a nice car to drive and how does yours perform?

0-60 time?

cheers mate and nice car.

clean up that engine bay and that car would look propa mint.

well it performs really well for a 1.4, 0-60 in about 10-11 seconds as i have tested many times, feels like a bigger engine, handles well and nice ride, realy spacious, i would recommend it anyday, and especialy in 1.6 form as it will be even quicker,

i have given the car a good clean so it looks much better

hope you go ahead with the decision and get some pics up if you do

thanks mate

ok, you do realise if you were to have an accident with the HID's fitted, and your insurer inspected your vehicle.......that if it was discovered it did not conform to the MOT standards, you would inevitably be looking at some serious legal costs, massive headache and stress that really wouldnt be worth it. if its not road legal, its not actually insured.

ok, you do realise if you were to have an accident with the HID's fitted, and your insurer inspected your vehicle.......that if it was discovered it did not conform to the MOT standards, you would inevitably be looking at some serious legal costs, massive headache and stress that really wouldnt be worth it. if its not road legal, its not actually insured.

yeah i do know that whatever i have on the car is not insured, even the alloys, the insurance company will only cover the car as a standard corolla t3

and as for the HID's i know i could get into some trouble as they are a mod only for show purposes

i am taking a risk and hopefully nothing goes wrong :)

wish me all the best :)

incidentally mate where did you get the t-sport alloys from? i've been after a set but have been unlucky so far and don't want to buy wheels from the breakers which have been in accidents.

Good job on the ride mate, did you have any trouble installing the induction kit yourself? Or did you get it done from a garage?

incidentally mate where did you get the t-sport alloys from? i've been after a set but have been unlucky so far and don't want to buy wheels from the breakers which have been in accidents.

oh okay, i bought them off eBay for like £150? i doubt they are still on there but you can try

hope this helps you lol :)

Good job on the ride mate, did you have any trouble installing the induction kit yourself? Or did you get it done from a garage?

cheers mate :thumbsup:

i did the induction kit myself, well easy, like 30 minute job

im sure you can do it too if you want

yeah i do know that whatever i have on the car is not insured, even the alloys, the insurance company will only cover the car as a standard corolla t3

and as for the HID's i know i could get into some trouble as they are a mod only for show purposes

if the insurance company will only insure your car as a standard t3, your policy will be voided by adding the modifications. not just a case of them not paying for alloys to be repaired or what ever, they will simply throw your claim out, you wont get the car fixed, you wont get any personal injury payments and more than likely they will take legal action against you to recover all repair/legal/medical expenses for any third parties involved. anything that changes the visual appearance of the vehicle, changes to the cars drivetrain components and engine/performance (filters/exhausts).

i know i may seem like i bang on about it, but its because ive been there, ive been through the process, ive been sued for 38k! it is NOT fun. and it is NOT worth it for any uninsured mod. :( just trying to save those that have uninsured mods on their car the absolute life ruining experience i had.

if ive got the wrong end of the stick then ignore this, but from the comment it sounds like the cars policy is for the standard t3, no mods added.

Ye, I've been told it's pretty basic, definitely will attempt it but I need to buy the 57i Kit. Did you buy it online or off a dealer?

athar......if you have a local motorsport company or decent 'tuning' company (i use tuning company loosly as sometimes theyre just people who remap cars on rollers and dont get involved with other stuff) that stocks K&N parts, they should be able to order in any components from the K&N range. theyre normally a hell of a lot cheaper than some where like halfrauds etc too. i paid £36 something for a new cone for my typhoon kit. about £30 cheaper than Halfords wanted. haha

k&n dealer search: http://www.knfilters.com/search/dealersearch.aspx

Thanks ricc, my 6 of the top 8 are halfrauds near me! Damn it! haha Sucks living on this side of Glasgow. I've found one that's only two miles away and they seem to look alright. How much are we looking for a 57i Kit? £100?

essentially a 57i kit is the filter, a jubilee clip, a section of aluminium hose and sometimes a MAF adaptor (depending on car). I think anything over £75/£80 would be considered expensive. sure someone will let you know what they paid though.

you could probably find the individual parts on eBay and put them together yourself if you cant find somewhere reasonable. if you find the 57i kit on the K&N site it should list the components and part numbers for you.

i bought my typhoon the easy way! second hand off a forum member, then replaced the filter for a bran spanker..... cleaned up the ram pipe....so was like new. all for £85. which was about £100 less than the cost new :D i call it a win. haha

Wow, the Typoon is like £190! So you got a pretty good deal there! I've taken the individual part numbers down, am going to ring around locally tomorrow and see what I can get. The only qualms I have about eBay is that the delivery costs for individual things can mount up but it it ends up cheaper overall I may go for it. Appreciate the help buddy :thumbsup:

ney problem. k&n are quite good if you go to them with the part number......i think the only stumbling block may well be the maff adaptor pipe. its either gonne be rediculous money, or not available on its own.

if the insurance company will only insure your car as a standard t3, your policy will be voided by adding the modifications. not just a case of them not paying for alloys to be repaired or what ever, they will simply throw your claim out, you wont get the car fixed, you wont get any personal injury payments and more than likely they will take legal action against you to recover all repair/legal/medical expenses for any third parties involved. anything that changes the visual appearance of the vehicle, changes to the cars drivetrain components and engine/performance (filters/exhausts).

i know i may seem like i bang on about it, but its because ive been there, ive been through the process, ive been sued for 38k! it is NOT fun. and it is NOT worth it for any uninsured mod. :( just trying to save those that have uninsured mods on their car the absolute life ruining experience i had.

if ive got the wrong end of the stick then ignore this, but from the comment it sounds like the cars policy is for the standard t3, no mods added.

ricc i understand what you mean, it aint worht the hassle and you should know all of this because you have been through it all

Ye, I've been told it's pretty basic, definitely will attempt it but I need to buy the 57i Kit. Did you buy it online or off a dealer?

i bought mines online for about £84

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links