Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Eco Stop Start

MAZION

anyone had a problem with the stop start where it stops ok when stationary but will not start and just bleeps at you for 30 - 50 seconds. very embarrassing in traffic. Only does it very infrequently but annoying. Does not show up on diagnostics????

please email a reply.

ducassos69-bullie@yahoo.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

I just signed up to answer your question.

My avensis is in a garage having an overhaul.

They gave me this 2010 Yaris with eco stop start as a courtesy car and it is exactly as you say.

The engine comes off in traffic which is OK then the bas**rd refuses to start.

Even when you put down the clutch as they say. Even when you turn the engine off and on again

this stubborn mule of a car refuses to budge for a good 30 seconds. Of course, this

happens at a busy junction (which is why I was stationary) and every car behind

me is justifiably furious beeping like mad just when the lights decide to go red again!!!!

I reckon Toyota rushed out this technology to the market too early to make a quick buck and

join the eco bandwagon. Of course, the tech is flawed and suffers from a severe lack of

development and product testing. The instructions say that to turn off the eco you press

the Eco off button. Of course there is no bleeding eco off button to be found. Anywhere.

This is why the Avensis is the last Toyota that I will ever own.

Good Luck.

Even though I have no start/stop button I do shut off the start/stop function every time I travel, as the 2-3 extra minutes in traffic will cost me less in fuel than new Battery, starter, alternator, fan belt and God knows what else while being overused continuously with this idiotic function.

And the ECO OFF button is located in front of the hand brake handle, behing gear lever, see picture below.

post-80531-0-43429800-1297284592_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links