Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pushed The Button

Seamaster73

Pushed the button on my new company car this evening. It is ordered. I thought the hell with it and went for a fully-loaded T Spirit in pearl white plus the safety pack.

Thanks to all on here for their advice and answers to my many questions (including Mel at Toyota, who was particularly helpful).

16 weeks to delivery, apparently...

Congrats on the order, mate.

Given the frustrating experience a colleague and I had of delays in delivery, I would use pencil when marking that date on your diary. But console yourself with the thought that it will be worth the wait! :thumbsup:

Surprised that you have not held on to get a 10th Aniversary model with all the extras :thumbsup:

What are the general opinions of the 10th Anniversary Prius? It costs nearly £3,000 more than a normal Prius.

I think a normal Prius T Spirit with leather upholstery included in the safety pack may be a better buy. I would be interested in other Prius owners opinion.

The T-Spirit is nice version and I like the pearly white. It is going to be long wait :-)

What are the general opinions of the 10th Anniversary Prius? It costs nearly £3,000 more than a normal Prius.

I think a normal Prius T Spirit with leather upholstery and safety pack may be a better buy. I would be interested in other Prius owners opinion.

Imho it's really down to individual choice whether one goes for a t3 or splashes out on a 10th anniv version... Bear in mind that special editions can command a premium when they are resold, or if they were a flop they can be a liability when sold...

It really is a matter of personal preference...

But good luck with whatever you decide, they are basically the same under the warpaint :thumbsup:

I do like the look of it, but if there is £3k difference it doesn't seem good value for money if that is just for different wheels (don't get to keep the old ones), leather, body kit (can't see much difference myself) and window tints (had them done for £250). So that is what £1850 for a body kit? Or am I missing something? Would be nice if they put the lexus 450h engine in it, now that would be a proper anniversary in my opinion.

Doesn't Exist: I read up on the 10th Anniversary Prius and like you my first thought was that nearly £3,000 extra seems too much for what you get.

I think a T spirit with safety pack may be a better option.

Jan & Tone. If I do change my GEN2 this year it will be my last car I think; as an oldie I do not do that many miles. Resale value will not be a consideration in my case.

Doesn't Exist: I read up on the 10th Anniversary Prius and like you my first thought was that nearly £3,000 extra seems too much for what you get.

I think a T spirit with safety pack may be a better option.

Jan & Tone. If I do change my GEN2 this year it will be my last car I think; as an oldie I do not do that many miles. Resale value will not be a consideration in my case.

Chris, i changed from a gen2 t-spirit to a gen3 t-spirit, no regrets at all. !

What are the general opinions of the 10th Anniversary Prius? It costs nearly £3,000 more than a normal Prius. I think a normal Prius T Spirit with leather upholstery included in the safety pack may be a better buy.

That's the conclusion I came to, although the aesthetics of the 10th Anniversary don't appeal to me and I've never been a fan of "special edition" cars anyway.

Just been informed that the lead time is extended from 16 to 18 weeks for the Safety Pack.

• 6 months later...

...and nearly seven months later:

IMG_0157.jpg

• Like 1

we have had our 10th anniversary model now for two weeks, well pleased, in the photo of the car above, seamasters car, what is the bit under the headlight, is it a headlamp washer..............thanks

Looks as if it could be the position for one....

Seamaster - was it worth the wait?

Yes, headlamp washers.

Was it worth the wait? Well, it's the car I ordered in the spec/colour I ordered. The carry-on I had getting it has taken some of the shine off the new car experience, however. But all's well that ends well, I suppose.

Had a quick run out to test the radar cruise control, and ten miles was enough to convince me that I wouldn't order another car without it — brilliant.

Looks great. Pleased you are happy in the end. Happy motoring.

Excellent! Nice photo. The car looks the biz. :drool: Health to enjoy! And with all the toys!

I saw a very nice looking car sitting at a junction way up ahead of me the other day and thought, "Wow, what's that? It looks sharp!" :eek:

As I got closer I realised it was a Gen 3 Prius... :yes:

Congrats again...

R04drunner1

I saw a very nice looking car sitting at a junction way up ahead of me the other day and thought, "Wow, what's that? It looks sharp!" :eek:

As I got closer I realised it was a Gen 3 Prius... :yes:

I've had a Gen 3 Prius since Sept 09. I think it looks pretty good from the front and not bad from the side, but from the rear it is one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen.

I thought I might learn to like it, but I haven't. It's the price I pay for its many other virtues.

Yes, headlamp washers.

Was it worth the wait? Well, it's the car I ordered in the spec/colour I ordered. The carry-on I had getting it has taken some of the shine off the new car experience, however. But all's well that ends well, I suppose.

Had a quick run out to test the radar cruise control, and ten miles was enough to convince me that I wouldn't order another car without it — brilliant.

I couldn't agree more. The Radar cruise control is absolutely brilliant!

Sagitar, I disagree. Its not remotely ugly from the back in my opinion. I think the Gen 3 Prius is a fine looking modern car that has broken away from the shaped brick look that many other motor vehicle manufacturers cling too.

If you want to see an ugly car back end I present:-

http://www.ibherdesign.com/renault-megane.html

Now that really is revolting.

Sagitar I personally like the look from the back, but the front three quarters is probably the best angle for the car.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and all that!

On the Gen 3, I hate the side view of the 15" wheels on the T3 & T4 grades (they could've had better looking trims at least) and I'm not keen on the upper front grill, it's too plain, every other aspect I think looks very Hi-Tech and modern.

Why didn't they do a 16" wheel version, as on the Gen 2, a compromise between the roller skate 15"s and the harsher riding 17"s would have been the ideal choice for me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links