Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Towing Another Car

FuriousGeorge

I need to tow my son's clio to a dealer some 15 miles away. He has a tow-rope. Can anyone help with some practical suggestions about how best to do this? Specifically, where do I attach the rope to the rear of my Avensis (2006 hatchback)?

Any help is very much appreciated.

I need to tow my son's clio to a dealer some 15 miles away. He has a tow-rope. Can anyone help with some practical suggestions about how best to do this? Specifically, where do I attach the rope to the rear of my Avensis (2006 hatchback)?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Carcraft or Halfords do have tow ropes with hooks affixed to each end, which clip on the towing eye " A METAL LOOP " fitted on most cars back and front, only drawback i find with the tow rope they are to long so i tend to shorten them with a loop in the middle, to get the towed vehicle closer to mine.

Hope this helps.

My Toyota Avensis Verso has two towing eyelets in the tool kit which I am assuming screw into the body when you pop out either of the circular

slots front or back on the bumper. Any tow rope can then be easily attached to those eyelets.

Thanks lads. I've checked the rear of my Avensis. I reckon I've got two towing eyelets, just behind /above each rear wheel. I'll attach the tow-rope to one of these and give that a go. It'll be a bit stressful but worth the hassle to save ££s for a tow-truck!

Thanks lads. I've checked the rear of my Avensis. I reckon I've got two towing eyelets, just behind /above each rear wheel. I'll attach the tow-rope to one of these and give that a go. It'll be a bit stressful but worth the hassle to save ££s for a tow-truck!

Just a word of advice when using a tow rope with no hooks, use a bow knot when attaching rope to both vehicles they really tighten up and hard to free if not used.