Do Not Sell My Personal Information

U/c Died On M25

Rathbone

Urban Cruiser ex demo and had less than a month. We were in the outer lane of the motorway with husband driving and son in back of car. Husband admits he was cruising and foot on clutch and all electronics died in the car and we can came to a halt. Electrics luckily came back and were able to restart a couple of mins later and very lucky not to have someone crash into the back of us. Happened again in slow moving traffic when I was on my own. Taking back to the dealer tomorrow but made me very unsure about the car.

How very alarming, not to say dangerous. Are you saying you stopped in the fast lane or did you coast to the hard shoulder ok? Did the steering and brakes work ok when coasting without engine and electrics?

What happened when you pressed the start button to restart (I'm assuming you have keyless entry)? Did the light on the start button come on when you pressed the clutch? any other signs of electrical life (eg radio)? How did it come back to life?

Whats your plan with the dealer (if you dont mind saying here - your dealer might read this forum)? Think I would give them one go at positively identifying and fixing the problem before rejecting the car.

Is youra a petrol or a diesel?

hope it never happens again,

Richard

Hi, me thinks that you have a petrol version of the U/C and that with your husbands foot on the clutch, it interfered with the "stop start" procedure on the engine. This I think would not have happened on the diesel version. Interested to see what the main dealer says about that senario. The petrol and diesel engines in the U/C are used in quite a few Toyota models so I can,t see it being a fault with those as they are well proven.

Regards Clare