Do Not Sell My Personal Information

04 Corolla Verso D4D

gergswin

Recently went to the supermarket (all fine on way) Got back to the car to discover my n/s rear tyre flat, The tyre looked like someone had unscrewed the valve. pumped up the tyre and had the valve re screwed in (pressure fine) reset the lights by disconnecting Battery but the light keep coming back on.

Got a mate with a reader which shows heater plugs problem X2 he cleared faults but lights are back on, all seems very strange as lights came on at same time as flat tyre.

Any help would be great

thankyou

If someone has been messing around with your wheels they could have knocked or damaged the VSC sensor on that wheel. Does the diagnostic machine not give a reason for the VSC light be on? Not sure why this would affect the heater plugs unless the fault is with an ECU or loose connection.

As an aside double check you still have a spare wheel under the car as someone may have been trying to nab it.

If someone has been messing around with your wheels they could have knocked or damaged the VSC sensor on that wheel. Does the diagnostic machine not give a reason for the VSC light be on? Not sure why this would affect the heater plugs unless the fault is with an ECU or loose connection.

As an aside double check you still have a spare wheel under the car as someone may have been trying to nab it.

Thanks for the reply, The only fault the reader gave was the glow plugs. Do you know where the sensor is situated in the wheel?

It just seems strange that it all happened when the tyre was flat!

• 3 weeks later...

Recently went to the supermarket (all fine on way) Got back to the car to discover my n/s rear tyre flat, The tyre looked like someone had unscrewed the valve. pumped up the tyre and had the valve re screwed in (pressure fine) reset the lights by disconnecting battery but the light keep coming back on.

Got a mate with a reader which shows heater plugs problem X2 he cleared faults but lights are back on, all seems very strange as lights came on at same time as flat tyre.

Any help would be great

thankyou

• 8 months later...

had the same problem with my wifes verso , dash full of lights! had the codes read and they said glowplugs, but the car was starting fine. anyway i did as the reader said and changed the glowplugs(easy job) and reset the lights. hey presto all ok again. no idea why it was the traction control light that came on. might be the same for you

Had the same lights on my 57 2.2 Verso SR. Disconnected the Battery for an hour and the lights have not come on since, though still need to retune radio :ffs: Did have smoke / lumpy acceleration issues and attributed it to that. Cleaned the EGR following the guide from RickD4D, now the car seems to idle better and the acceleration is way better and far less smokey. Link to guide below. Have also just purchased a can of BG244 diesel system and engine clean. Will let you know how this goes, from the independent reviews I have read, it will hopefully make a difference.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=106241

I had the same issue with all 3 warning lights on, mine was an injector malfunction and the warning lights basically mean the car is in "limp home mode" and this is the technicial term for it, it just reduces the engine output to prevent any damage to the engine while you identify the problem. You probably all already know this but thought I would reply anyway.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Yesterday the engine management light, VSC and TCR Off lights all came on on my dash. i drive a 2004 diesel verso with 85000 miles. I disconnected the Battery for an hour and the lights went off. after some short drives totaling around 15 miles the 3 lights have come on again. i am planning on bringing the car to a toyota dealer to get the fault diagnosed but guess it may be with the EGR valve as with previous posts,

1. will i do any damage to the car if i drive it until the garage opens next week?

any other suggestions?

Thanks

Hi,

Not sure about damage tbh, but have you thought about cleaning the EGR yourself? I am not that mechanically minded but managed to do mine myself. Do a search on the forums, there are a few guides on here. I think the EGR on earlier cars is to the right of the engine rather than at the front on later models. Maybe someone can confirm this?

Good luck.

Hi there,

thanks for the help. i will take a look at the EGR tomorrow and try and clean it to see if i get improvement. i have noted the car requiring a few extra turns to start as well over the last 2 weeks or so i.e even before the dash lights came on, do you think these are all related to EGR or would there be injector issues as well? there is no black smoke coming from exhaust even when i put the boot down but i have lack of power.

Damien

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Problem solved - almost, Brought car to Toyota garage and they diagnosed that glow plugs were the issue. they wanted 350 euro to change them!!! Anyway brought car home and at weekend with help of my father (who is a mechanic) but lives 2 hrs drive away, we cleaned the EGR (which was a little dirty). On starting car, my father felt it was not starting well so we checked the glow plugs. Turns out 3 of them were gone. Anyway ordered and have fitted a set of Bosch plugs which cost 70 euro. Lights have gone off on dash and i disconnected Battery for an hour. Still feel car does not start as good as before and seems underpowered.

Would the fault still be stored on ECU?

Any other ideas?