Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

15 Years Of Camry Ownership At An End :-(

Camryman

Well the time has come to move on, after 15 years I have decided to trade in the Camry for an 18 month old Avensis T4 estate. The old girl has now done nearly 130,000 miles of which I have done 100,000 and she has served me fantastically, it was a very hard decision to part with her.

If any of you live around the Brighton area, that's where the Camry has been traded in so look out for a silver 3ltr V6 estate, looking sad and lonely!

Me and the wife have been all over the UK in the old Camry and still found her very comfortable and lovely to drive but the death nail for her was the fuel consumption and the cost of fuel in this country, the last time I filled it up it cost £86.00 and I won't get much more than 350 miles out of it.

We are both very sad to see her go, but having driven the new Avensis I fell in love all over again, smitten by all the toys and gadgets that I didn't have in the Camry and more than double the miles per gallon.

I am still going to call myself Camryman if it's OK with you lot, because the way I see it, the Avensis is the closest I can get to the Camry!

Welcome to TOC Camryman... The fact that you have an avensis is no bar to you keeping your username i'm sure :thumbsup:

And let's face it, you can't buy a camry now anyway!

Having had 3 avensis in the past, i know you will enjoy driving it :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

My Camry is currently SORN'd for exactly the same reason, the cost of fuel. Mine is a '95 3.0 V6 on 78k miles.

We looked at getting an Avensis Est, but I fell in love with a little Corolla SR instead.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links