Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot Problems

davethefish

Hi Dave has it been sorted yet Monty :yahoo:

In a word... No!

I sort of forgot about it for a while, but having recently been enthused by the thread I took a look... See below! It's not sorted, a call to Mr T is on the cards.

post-102577-0-93086300-1297962951_thumb.

You certainley opened a can of worms with this one Dave

You certainley opened a can of worms with this one Dave

Yep! I'm glad too. Water there has nasty potential.

My motor is now booked in with RRG Macclesfield on 1st March for this work under my 12 month warranty. No arguments from them so I'd expect they were aware of this. I'll keep you all posted.

Dave.

Just had a call from Toyota saying they traced the leak to one of the rear light clusters, hopefully its all sorted now. So anyone with a leak check the vents and the light units

Just had a call from Toyota saying they traced the leak to one of the rear light clusters, hopefully its all sorted now. So anyone with a leak check the vents and the light units

I wonder if this is why the rear lights always seem to have condensation on the inside? Leaky boot / Leaky light???? I was reading about the condensation weeks ago but didn't put the two together?

Might raise that question with RRG too! - New lights, seals, vents... OMG :ffs:

ive been following the leaking boot saga on these posts,and saying to myself i must check mine out for these problems

dont do much miliage these days now,use the wifes hyundai for short/local trips,so cars not got wet many times in the approx year ive had it.

had its first mot a couple of weeks ago,so dont no if they removed the spare wheel to check it or not and if they would have advised me of any leak problems or not.

ive put the car through the local Shell garages washer,just a straight wash,not the shampoo or drier options.

done this a couple of times,the washer there has nice soft brushes no worries about damage, have used it for several years now on my other cars ive had and had no issues,

about an hour ago i checked the spare wheel well,the spare has never been used by me or the previous owner.the sticky warning label is still on the tyre.

anyway no apparent leaks in the spare well.

checked the rear lenses and no sign of condensation in either.

so i seem to be lucky,but its all down to pot luck with these kind of things.

but should not be if quality control was up to scratch in the build.

Guess it depends on the manufactuirng date. The T180s were made earlier on so maybe teething problems?

Hi had my 07 D4D Auris for 6 months checked the boot soaking wet about 2cm of water in the spare wheel well, its now out of manu warranty. I will try and make time the weekend to remove the carpets that go over the wheel arch to check to see if I can see where the water is getting in.

Pop the lights out first see if water is getting in from there. Best remove the boot carpet and get it dried out before it gets mouldy

Hi had my 07 D4D Auris for 6 months checked the boot soaking wet about 2cm of water in the spare wheel well, its now out of manu warranty. I will try and make time the weekend to remove the carpets that go over the wheel arch to check to see if I can see where the water is getting in.

thats rotten luck,hope you sort it ok.

whats happened to, things never go wrong with a toyota.

Go back to your dealer tell them the problem and ask have the vents in the boot been replaced This was subject to a recall that RRG didnt pick up and should be done free of charge I had the same problem with RRG :thumbsup:

Just checked mine this morning wet again all around the vent on the offside and carpet and boot lining :crybaby: going back into RRG on thurday for another go

The vents are in the jack compartment and go into the rear bumper void I am just wondering if I had mud flaps fitted the spray of the rear wheels wouldnt find its way up to the vents It would be interesting to know if anyone with mud flaps fitted have had this problem it is definitely spray coming in from somewhere

I have a towbar fitted which they origionally said was the problem which obviously isnt

Maybe it would be better to cover the dam things up completely what are they there for anyway

KINGOS a bit quiet on this one any thoughts

Just got mine back for the second time resealed the vents and rear lights with silicon Wouldnt replace the boot carpet which was falling apart and smelly said it wasnt covered by the guarantee even though the fault was reported before it ran out

Lets see what the next shower of rain brings

Just to clarify, Toyota used silicon sealant to fix the leak??? Think I will be taking a look at mine on Saturday to see how they fixed mine

Stripped the boot out today the vents wet but there is water droplets above the vent and its clean water if it was the vent I would of thought it would be dirty water of the roads. so I unbolted the light but could not get my very large fingers onto the connector loom for the rear lights, then it started to rain in Bristol so I had to put it all back. I am guessing the water coming in behind the lights, will do a trip to B & Q tomorrow for some sealant and try again.

Forgive my ignorance but where exactly is this "vent" in the boot that people are talking about? :unsure:

Stripped the boot out today the vents wet but there is water droplets above the vent and its clean water if it was the vent I would of thought it would be dirty water of the roads. so I unbolted the light but could not get my very large fingers onto the connector loom for the rear lights, then it started to rain in Bristol so I had to put it all back. I am guessing the water coming in behind the lights, will do a trip to B & Q tomorrow for some sealant and try again.

Mine was exactly the same water coming in through the rear light but when I went out on wet roads the water was all around the vent it can only be spray coming off the road see photo so it has been sealed around rim on the outside but you need to take the bumper off to do that

post-64695-0-79374600-1298656926_thumb.j

Any solicitor will write you a letter on legal paper for a small fee detailing the Sales of Goods Act 1979, and explain that no product (void of warranty or covered) should not be sold if it is not deemed fit for purpose. The argument here is the light clusters are not fit for purpose as they are leaking WATER into an ELECTRICAL item.Therefore any damages which could be caused by this 'leak' should be remedied at the manufacturers/suppliers expense, regardless of age.

Got a MacBookPro replaced under that law and it was 7 years old. Just make sure that the leak/damage isn't caused by yourself in anyway, and as long as they cannot argue wear and tear you should get it done for free.

Extract from the aforementioned Act;

Satisfactory quality, s 14(2)The quality of the goods sold must be satisfactory (prior to 1994, this provision required 'merchantable' quality; this requirement has been retained in most Commonwealth versions of the Act). The Actsatisfactory quality; the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking into account the price, description and any other relevant factors.The courts have identified certain factors that may raise or lower the expectation of satisfaction. Second hand goods, per ,will attract a lower expectation. On the other hand goods of a reputable brand may attract a higher expectation, the judge in Bernstien used the example of a small ping on a Rolls-Royce being unsatisfactory. 'Other relevant factors' may include advertising in the case of consumer contracts. provides an objective test to determine

More can be found here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sale_of_Goods_Act_1979

Forgive my ignorance but where exactly is this "vent" in the boot that people are talking about? :unsure:

Bruce, take the panel out where the jack is and look down.

The car is in with Toyota now, 2 days for water testing. Got a lovely :yucky:, RRG sign written Aygo as a courtesy car...

:offtopic: Guess what arrived this afternoon too... RACECHIP!!! See the other threat peeps

The car is in with Toyota now, 2 days for water testing. Got a lovely :yucky:, RRG sign written Aygo as a courtesy car...

:offtopic: Guess what arrived this afternoon too... RACECHIP!!! See the other threat peeps

Nice wording there :thumbsup:

If the Aygo is the base model like the one they gave me, its a go kart if you drive everywhere in second gear whilst you have it :lol:

You have to drive it everywhere in second ans 3rd, 4th & 5th are all the same gear

Got the car back clean but ****** wet through under the carpet in the boot

Unfortunatly the "new vents" are on order from Japan, ETA 11/03/11. When the SR will be going for another day out at RRG. He loves his Uncle and auntie RRG, can't keep him away from the place!!!

Funny, my dealer managed to get the vent in for the following day

Grrrrr. I suppose all the vents have been used up, although would you believe that they said my Auris was the 1st they'd had back with that problem at the garage (RRG Macclesfield)!!! :blink:

Got the car back clean but ****** wet through under the carpet in the boot

Unfortunatly the "new vents" are on order from Japan, ETA 11/03/11. When the SR will be going for another day out at RRG. He loves his Uncle and auntie RRG, can't keep him away from the place!!!

"New vents from Japan" Sounds like these may be modified vents?

The vents arent the issue Platinum told me it was the seal around them

Bruce, take the panel out where the jack is and look down.

Cheers, found it & it's dry. I wonder if this only effects particular models/5D or 3D/year etc?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links