Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Urgent Help Needed! 55 Plate T3

Captain_hook12

Hi All,

i have a 55 plate T3, bought a pair of new front disks and pads off eBay and took the car to do an MOT, as expected, failed on front disk and pads, but was told the new ones were too big for the car. please can anyone suggest where to buy some proper ones, at correct specs i have to bring the new ones in within 10 days, or else have to pay twice on the MOT, i am thinking not worth doing that. mAAAAAAAAny thanks!

Hi All,

i have a 55 plate T3, bought a pair of new front disks and pads off ebay and took the car to do an MOT, as expected, failed on front disk and pads, but was told the new ones were too big for the car. please can anyone suggest where to buy some proper ones, at correct specs i have to bring the new ones in within 10 days, or else have to pay twice on the MOT, i am thinking not worth doing that. mAAAAAAAAny thanks!

Might be worth giving these guys a try? I've used them in the past, nice guys who provide a top service

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/

Hi All,

i have a 55 plate T3, bought a pair of new front disks and pads off ebay and took the car to do an MOT, as expected, failed on front disk and pads, but was told the new ones were too big for the car. please can anyone suggest where to buy some proper ones, at correct specs i have to bring the new ones in within 10 days, or else have to pay twice on the MOT, i am thinking not worth doing that. mAAAAAAAAny thanks!

you say the discs are too big,do you mean the diameter.then you can get someone to machine them to the size of the original,do you still have these.

Hi All,

Hi,

Hope you don't mine me asking but how did you fit the larger wrong size discs and pads ?

I belived there are two diameter discs used 255mm and 275mm - so assume you fitted 275mm when your originals were 255mm.

Did they catch on the caliper assembly ? - how did the MOT tester know they were the wrong size - something must have been cleary wrong ?

To get the right ones - simple measure the diameter of your original discs, they have to be 255mm or 275mm - then simply go to any reputable car parts / motor factors and quote that diameter and your reg no.

To be doubley sure of getting the right ones take your original discs and pads to the shop to compare on the counter with the new ones they bring out.

im guessing here that the car failed on the old ones and new ones were taken along in a box/packaging to be fitted when the expected failure occurred. and the garage have turned around and said 'sorry chap these wont fit' ?

any motorfactors whould be able to reliably sell you the right dics/pads. even a quick search on ebc direct has the specs up in seconds. 255mm, 49mm height, 4*100, 25mm thick, vented.

all they should need is a car reg as richard.c says. if they dont a vin or model search. 1.4 is a zze121, 1.6 is a zze122 (1.8ts is a zze123).