Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Running Costs Corolla T Sport

CorollaTS05

I got the 1.4 model

used to get 300-350 miles out of a tank

then after cleaning the fuel lines, adding the air filter, and giving it a good service I just got 421 miles out of a tank :)

not too bad tbh!

not sure what that is in MPG?

usually costs me £50-55 for a full tank.

all this makes me think that im never going to buy and own a t sport :(

never going to experience lift :(

never going to whip a type r :(

you won't be whipping any type-r's in a normal un-modded t-sport anyway mate, so i wouldn't worry if i was you ;-)

He would if it was a FN2 :thumbsup: !. I can afford to run one but cant afford to mod it. We get robbed on our insurance cos of our postcode.

FN2? still no chance.

I would say its all about the driver mate

agreed. but you would also have to agree with me and say that it would most definitley NOT be a 'whipping' of any sort...

you won't be whipping any type-r's in a normal un-modded t-sport anyway mate, so i wouldn't worry if i was you ;-)

He would if it was a FN2 :thumbsup: !. I can afford to run one but cant afford to mod it. We get robbed on our insurance cos of our postcode.

FN2? still no chance.

agreed. but you would also have to agree with me and say that it would most definitley NOT be a 'whipping' of any sort...

Yeah but i class one car length as a whipping :toast:

i just had to pay insurance for my blue rolla and that was £750 and my bill has just came out of the engineering company for my head work :eek: shitt lol and i have parts away getting powder coated :eek:. another month or 2 and i will be qualified no more apprentices wadges llf forgot need 2 tyres aswell and tax next month lol.

Good luck scott if they put your wages up any time soon, took me nearly 2 years to get my pay to the same as the next guy up from me, still earn peanuts tho. lol.

FN2? still no chance.

Yeah but i class one car length as a whipping :toast:

yeah i think it depends on the driver aswell but i still will take the CTS over the CTR because the CTS is just unpredictable and is a real wolf in sheeps clothing and plus its a 1.8 and i could go on and on and on.... lol :D

i like the ep civic type r but the fn2?...errrr lol

Type r will win standard vs standard. If there both runnning same bolt ons i.e intake, mani and exhaust. Type r will still win. Responds better to mods than the CTS. But it will be close.

No Pinch

28mpg around town

42 mpg on a run

Car gets serviced by a good mate who knows his stuff

Insurance renewed fully comp in October for £300.00

Car gets M.O.T'D by my best mates brother, who also sell tyres :thumbsup:

No Pinch

28 mpg around town

42 mpg on a run

Car gets serviced by a good mate who knows his stuff

Insurance renewed fully comp in October for £300.00

Car gets M.O.T'D by my best mates brother, who also sells tyres :thumbsup:

SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST !Removed! INTERNET

not feeling it at all, i run mine on super, long as your not a light to light boy racer she will get 40mpg, so its all good

40mpg?? Toyota stats say combined 34mpg av

I've only ever got near that on a long motorway run.

its very hard to get it to that lol i very rarely see that, like u say thats a motorway trip and bieng SO careful lol

if i drive mine without thinking about it i get around 30 or less, in town if im realy trying i get around 33-34

and if im not realy bothering with the fuel i generaly get 25 or less lol

Mine is currently averaging 31.5mpg doing mainly motorway with a bit of town driving

I don't use mine as a daily driver so I can't really comment on the "pinch" but I am noticing some extra space in my wallet due to the current price of petrol

An interesting article I found

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1351341/Relief-pumps-Revolutionary-hydrogen-fuel-cost-just-90p-GALLON-run-existing-cars.html

I don't notice it as much as the Surf - just filled up £75 of diesel and that will only last 300kms (admittedly my speedo is slightly out). Haven't reset the T-sport average mpg for about 3 months and its been going up lately to 33mpg!

I drive it hard and the wife isnt great on fuel but I take it easy ish on the motorway so Im pretty pleased. New tyres and full service have helped I think!

FN2? still no chance.

There's a video on youtube that proves an FN2 is beatable by a T Sport.....

Im not feeling the pinch so much because oddly i cant insure any of the 2.0T vag engines so the corolla is the quickest thing i can insure atm.

Petrol is bugging me slightly as i onlyhave filled super in this car and its not just the cost i can average in the 30s when i commute to work, its the fact that the newer turbo engines are more efficient and quicker.

Also a std t-sport vs a FN2, a t-sport would have it. the corolla has higher BHP a ton than the FN2

See Link

Im not feeling the pinch so much because oddly i cant insure any of the 2.0T vag engines so the corolla is the quickest thing i can insure atm.

Petrol is bugging me slightly as i onlyhave filled super in this car and its not just the cost i can average in the 30s when i commute to work, its the fact that the newer turbo engines are more efficient and quicker.

Also a std t-sport vs a FN2, a t-sport would have it. the corolla has higher BHP a ton than the FN2

See Link

sorry mate, those 2 cars aren't both stock. the t-sport has a bored throttle-body and an injen cold air intake, whilst the type-r also has an injen cai and lightweight rims. so not stock v stock, which i still think would be close enough to NOT be a 'whipping' of any sort (which is, of course, the original argument). as for the BHP per ton claim, the (stock) type-r weighs in at 1267kg (198bhp = 156.3 bhp/ton), the stock t-sport weighs in at 1210kg (189bhp = 156.2 bhp/ton)

pretty similar...

I didnt say a beating of any sort but i genuinely think the t-sport is quicker regardless of figures i have seen many fn2s fall short. The EP3 however totally different story

Also the BHP ton depends on the weight of the FN2 most of the type rs come with air con but the weight does not include those optional extras

• Like 1

I didnt say a beating of any sort but i genuinely think the t-sport is quicker regardless of figures i have seen many fn2s fall short. The EP3 however totally different story

Also the BHP ton depends on the weight of the FN2 most of the type rs come with air con but the weight does not include those optional extras

fair enough, i too have seen a few of the new fn2 civic type-r's fall away - the ep3's are superior in every way - as for the weight issue, i'll have to take your word for it lol.

the guy who posts up those videos does himself absolutely no favours by having another person in the car with him though...

FN2 EP3 what language are we talking here :lol:

fair enough, i too have seen a few of the new fn2 civic type-r's fall away - the ep3's are superior in every way - as for the weight issue, i'll have to take your word for it lol.

the guy who posts up those videos does himself absolutely no favours by having another person in the car with him though...

Yea agree, its odd though but its the same engine i cant see how they can say its 1bhp more lol, The EP3s are quick in comparison always liked them.

FN2 EP3 what language are we talking here :lol:

FN2 Civic Type R is the space ship shape

EP3 is the older shape

the older ones are great. the newer ones obviously aren't as agile and feel a tad slower, but in my heart of hearts, i know stock v stock against a t-sport it would just shade it (driver depending, of course)

i still havent pulled up next to eitha 1 at the lights yet ,everytime i see either its on the otherside of the road

i do think the fn2 do look amazing though ,if only we had the saloon version officaly over here ,i saw 1 getting off ,it looked stupid quick

What type of petrol fo the type r drivers use??

I couldn't care for the new type r, it's a plastic joke

And what does this comparison have to do with people's running costs for their T Sport's?

Gaz - comparing who can 'whip' a Type R (past and Present) whilst getting the best MPG and picking up the smallest fine/ ban for street racing

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links