Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2004 Avensis, Problems With Hid

pero-zdero

It might be easier to have it lifted just a little bit, because you have screws from underneath...

the picture might help you, but it might confuse you as well.... I just wanted to help :-)

post-102898-0-00313800-1301986709_thumb.

thank you.

-may I ask, where did you find all these pictures /service manual ? - all I found so far is a the electrical wireing service manaual.

Sure, I have found it by accident at one of the website that sell original Toyota parts, here is the link....

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q.html

Just enter your VIN number and you will find all diagrams... Enjoy...

nice, thanks - - the whole headlamp MSRP is €287, + , my dealer asked for NOK6700 (== €856) !! - that's the difference between fair deal, and ripoff - I guess :)

Finally my headlights are fine! :)

The mirror foil on the xenon projectors were refurbished and the difference in light intensity is uncomparable, I must say. Total cost was 135 euros (25 euros for taking out and the restoring the headlights, 95 euros for taking apart the headlights and refurbishing the mirror foil + 15 euros for fixing the socket, because the xenon projector did not properly fit in the headlight).

Compared to 1150 euros that Toyota offered, it was a way more friendly price.

So here are some pictures:

before1c.jpg

after1h.jpg

before2c.jpg

after2pe.jpg

Looking good NeoXon, I bet it's a pleasure to drive at night now !!!

You paid less then I did, and you got remarking results. The refurbisher did a good job!

Enjoy your night driving...

pero-sdero: you wrote ", I have had the whole projector replaced with a new one, the one that has a solenoid built in, ..."

Whet kind are those, where did you get them ? - I assume the reflector is much better there ? - and - did you need to use dremel or make some modifications, or was it a simple drop in replacement ?

Also: does anyone here know *when* the projector/reflector problem were fixed ? (it's supposed to be on "early" models only) I have an '2004 model CDT250L-ALMEYW

Andre-K,

If you carefully read the whole thread you would see that I took my car to a shop, and had all work done there.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I have the same problem with my Avensis 2005 xenon lighs, they are killing me.

From the day I bought a car the lights were very poor, at night I didn`t saw nothing. I change the bulb, but still no improvement. Few days ago I noticed, that when I start the car the lights are "fast flashing" for couple of seconds then they are normal. Now, a day ago, left bulb died. Does this mean that balast are weak, should I change it ?

Second question is, can I buy a new projectors? I would be a great solution, because the bulb holder is probably also a weak spot and a good question is, would it fit from facelift (06-08) model ? Those are made from metal, not plastic, am I right?

Thank you for your help!

• 1 year later...

oi oi

i'm in the same situation

2005 avensis, changed my headlamps with original ones. now i have some light but not as i use to have

there isn't as much lumes sent out there as i remember when i first bought it

i've noticed some moist inside my lamps after i washed it but i don't know what to say

my headlamps i replaced them in december 2012. i hope (i really do) that i got updated ones.

but i don't know now

my question is this: anyone done something similar to what's in this thread here in UK (London)?

i have to do something about this lights cause it's driving me crazy already

cheers guys

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links