Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Mats

Kwazii

Just collected my 1.33 today - OMG - its gorgeous! Solar Red and probably the cleanest and shiniest it will ever be again. It drives so much nicer than my N reg 1.6 306 with 170,000 miles on it.

Anyone got any recommendations on Car mats? Mine didn't come with any...

The tailored Toyota ones are only £ 30 - had a spare set for this price for mine back in October - and they are the best fit. My 1.33 is solar red as well - a colour I'm very pleased with, and you don't see many. I also had the door and bumper protection strips on mine.

Hi Mike, thanks for that - I'll contact the dealer and see what they have. The solar red is definitely the best choice, it lifts the car immensely. I can't believe they dropped it, and even in the new Hybrid Auris the colours are a tad boring (although the minor modifications to the hybrid do look very nice). My wife (she's Japanese) tells me that they sell the Auris in Japan in many more colours than they do here.

I also haven't seen many in this colour, the only other one recently I've seen is at Cardiff Toyota World (after I put my deposit down) - a very nice 59 Solar Red Auris (5000 miles) waiting to be bought. When my wife saw mine she also fell in love with it. I now have to find out a way to clean it nicely!

I can't wait to go to work Monday! It'll be so nice driving a car whose electric windows work, which doesn't burn all the oil in 6 weeks, and one which I don't have to spray the spark plugs with WD40 just to get the engine to fire properly when it rains!

Did I mention its gorgeous and drives amazingly? :-) Sorry, I'm just so happy! Thanks to yourself and a few others here who have portrayed the car in a better light than the somewhat biased car review press. Much appreciated. The 1.33 Auris is a very nice car indeed.

Thanks Crasstoe for those links, much better price on Car mats than the £59 my dealer quoted me today!

Also, those bumper protectors look useful - do they do them for the side too?

Aye they do, also something I will be investing in (too many cars of mine have had parking dings!);

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Auris-5-Doors-Side-Moulding-Protection-/140379743458?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20af48e4e2

fandabbydozy - my sister was telling me today her car has about 20 dings from 'others' car doors!

Those protectors you just linked are also a good price too. Cheers and have a very good night.

• Like 1

i had toyota mats as part of a deal when i brought the car.

but as i do a bit of fishing, i tend to trapse mud onto the mats,so brought a set of rubber ones,as its easy to take them out and hose them,then hang on the cloths line to dry

with toyota one you have to scrub them to get rid of any mud an takes a bit more messing about.to tell the truth i leave the rubber ones now in all the time,ive stuck the others up the loft.

i put holes in these rubber mats so i could use the retaining clips,dont want any pedal problems.