Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Extra Security

Kwazii

Having not bought a car for a while - I remember in the past buying things like steering locks etc... is there any need in todays newer cars (59 auris) to bother with such things?

Unless your parking in a high risk area the chances of your car being stolen without the key are very slim.

Modern cars are equipped with alarms & immobilsers as well as your key being coded gives a theif not much of a chance to steal it by "hot wiring" it because it will not happen

Your car is likely to get stolen by the following methods:

• Towed away on the back of a truck
  • Keys stolen from your house
  • Key cloning
  • Broken into & having your items stolen

The Auris is not a target for theifs simply because its not known as a performance car such as a BMW M3/Civic type R etc are pretty hot when it comes to insurance hence why the Auris is cheap on insurance. However the T180 may start making a name for itself in the future because its quicker than your average diesel theifs want a quick reliable car for a getaway robbery. I wouldn't worry about it.

A steering lock (baseball bat) comes handy B)

Thanks for that. I did worry. When I parked my N Reg 306, I had no worries about it being stolen. Sometimes its doors didn't lock (it had numerous electrical issues) and still no-one took a blind bit of notice about it! But my Auris looks so nice that when I parked it at home tonight (first night) I had to keep checking it was still there!

Being originally from 'up north' I can imagine a baseball bat might come in handy! I might look into it :-) Cheers.

However the T180 may start making a name for itself in the future because its quicker than your average diesel theifs want a quick reliable car for a getaway robbery. I wouldn't worry about it.

Even in a robbery situation... the Toyota is the pinnacle of reliability :D lol

However the T180 may start making a name for itself in the future because its quicker than your average diesel theifs want a quick reliable car for a getaway robbery. I wouldn't worry about it.

Very true haha, thats if they remember to put the clutch in to get it it started :wacko:

Very true haha, thats if they remember to put the clutch in to get it it started :wacko:

Oh yeh... it may fool those robbers :o

Oh yeh... it may fool those robbers :o

Unless they check out this thread first, then break into your car, beat you with your baseball bat, then drive away :P