Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Got My Yaris Last Week

Harry M

Hi all I just found this site and it looks good

I took delivery of Yaris last week it is only a T2 with less than 3000 miles on the clock and it goes well. The only possible problem at the moment is that I think the fuel consumption appears to be a little high for a 1 litre engine but I hope this will improve after a few more miles. Can anybody tell me if they think it should get better after I do another couple of thousand miles or so.

Hi and welcome to the club! :thumbsup:

Yeah, the engine should get better MPG when it's been loosened up a bit. You should begin to notice better MPG when the miles crank up.

Hi all I just found this site and it looks good

I took delivery of Yaris last week it is only a T2 with less than 3000 miles on the clock and it goes well. The only possible problem at the moment is that I think the fuel consumption appears to be a little high for a 1 litre engine but I hope this will improve after a few more miles. Can anybody tell me if they think it should get better after I do another couple of thousand miles or so.

Thanks for the reply Raeman, that is what I thought but I was not too sure. I was actually looking to buy a fairly new Aygo but they appear to be a bit hard to find at the moment and the dealer offered me a fairly good deal on the yaris so I took it. I am not sure if I did the right thing or if I should have waited for an Aygo to turn up,but I do like the Yaris, it is just that the Aygo is more economical to run.

Why, what fuel consumption are you getting out of curiosity?

My diesel one is currently in the low 60s, although it's a much older one than yours, while yours is probably still wearing in :)

I have done 270 miles since I got the car and I had to put in 30.5 litres to fill the tank up again.

Could be driving style (not insulting the way you drive, some people may be 'lead-footed' which is hard on fuel consumption) or the types of roads you drive on. If they're mostly motorway/A/B road thrash or stop/start town driving, that won't be promoting good figures. I found easier routes to take my Yaris (1.3 TR) and the fuel economy greatly improved from 47 to 52mpg.

Also as Raeman confirmed it will still be bedding in so soon you'll feel what the car has to offer.

Are the tyre pressures good? You'll notice the steering feeling a little heavier than expected

Yeah, taking the tyres up 5 or so PSI can make a noticeable difference if you get good at looking ahead and coasting in-gear instead of braking and starting all the time :)

Out of curiosity, what are you other Yaris drivers getting mpg-wise?

Thanks everybody for trying to help. I drive 17 miles to work, most of the drive is on the motorway but since I got the car I have taking it easy and only doing about 50 mph just to see how good it would be, as I say perhaps I would have been a lot more economical with an Aygo but the Yaris is a nice car would just like to see it a little better on fuel.

Yeah, taking the tyres up 5 or so PSI can make a noticeable difference if you get good at looking ahead and coasting in-gear instead of braking and starting all the time :)

I have had my Yaris 1.3 TR for about 4 months/1400 miles, and have been getting on average 39mpg or so, there is a link to my Fuelly page for the car in my sig. I do a lot of urban driving, with 1 or 2 100-mile motorway round trips to London per month.

My personal feeling is that this is a bit less than expected based on the official figures, but I'll wait until the summer before judging to see if it's just a cold-weather fuel economy penalty.

In my experience manufacturers quoted figures are difficult, if not impossible to achieve. Normally they are carried out with no electricals in operation and in simulated conditions. I've been dissapointed in my last 4 cars in this respect.

I have had my Yaris 1.3 TR for about 4 months/1400 miles, and have been getting on average 39mpg or so, there is a link to my Fuelly page for the car in my sig. I do a lot of urban driving, with 1 or 2 100-mile motorway round trips to London per month.

My personal feeling is that this is a bit less than expected based on the official figures, but I'll wait until the summer before judging to see if it's just a cold-weather fuel economy penalty.

I'm doing 50 to 55MPG in summer to recently 39MPG in winter. I think it's because I use electrical appliances while driving (fan, air con etc) but also the cold weather has its influence on the consumption as well.

Thanks again everybody

As mine is a T2 it has no air con but Sico2 could be right, maybe the fuel consumption will improve in the summer especially as the engine should not be as tight then.

P.s. I was out driving it again today and I still think it is a good car for the price especially when you see how much other manufactures charge for their cars and which in my opinion are not as good as the yaris.

Thanks again

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links