Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One Team Heko Down

ashley(99corolla)

my friend who is on a honda forum was telling me that the team heko wind deflectors fly off at high speed wonndered if it had happend to ne1 on here if ne1 else has read about it

Never had this happen to me (or anything like)

They sit quite deep into the window channel so I cant see it happening.

Only problem ive had is sometimes when traveling at high speed with the window down, the window doesnt go back up because the wind deflector is pushed a bit too far into the window channel

Mine were installed properly, but.....the passengers side one flew off. The window was slightly open and to be honest i dont think the Heko deflectors are a good fit. They look nice but the fitment could have been made alot better. I have purchased another set and they have been fine so far lol. I have a spare drivers side one at home if anyone needs it?

mines never flew off but the drivers side one the wndow some times come back down when i press automatic up the hit they deflector and come back down

Are Heko wind deflectors just generic/universal fit ones or can you get them specifically for Corollas?

Are Heko wind deflectors just generic/universal fit ones or can you get them specifically for Corollas?

specific to the car ,wen you install them ,pull the tab of the double sided sticky tape like i did and no problems,plus you wont be going faster then 69mph with the wid opens anyway

specific to the car ,wen you install them ,pull the tab of the double sided sticky tape like i did and no problems,plus you wont be going faster then 69mph with the windows open anyway

:blink: They're held on with double sided tape?!?! I don't think I would open the windows on the motorway anyway tbh. Where did you get them from for the Corolla? eBay?

I had my passengers side one blown off by high winds whilst my car was parked outside my house, though the insert at the back of the deflector snapped off when I installed it so that could be why. Also, someone who works with my girlfriend with an EP3 CTR lost one driving down the motorway.

Had no problems at all with these at high speeds... never lost one yet at Pod despite doing nearly 100mph

The problem is that HEKOs look great on the car. And I prefer to install something that is clipped on (so I can get it off whenever I like) rather than with sticky tape.

I don't like the deflectors that are stuck on the outside of the window at all... It makes the car look like a taxi...

I was going to buy the HEKOs but now you make me to re-consider.

Pimpchez could you please explain the thing with the sticky tape? I though HEKOs were only clipped into the window.

Mine are simply clipped into the window channels... no tape involved...

HEKO's do clip into the window channel (you've got to bend them a bit to slot them in)

But they do have a couple of tabs of double sided tape to stick them to the outside of the window channel, so they are out of the way of the window going up and down

The problem is that HEKOs look great on the car. And I prefer to install something that is clipped on (so I can get it off whenever I like) rather than with sticky tape.

I don't like the deflectors that are stuck on the outside of the window at all... It makes the car look like a taxi...

I was going to buy the HEKOs but now you make me to re-consider.

Pimpchez could you please explain the thing with the sticky tape? I though HEKOs were only clipped into the window.

ok looks like i didnt make myself clear enough ,ye there pushed into the window as u all know ,but when i got mine ,on the trailing edge (b pillar) theres doubled sided tape so i peeled it off before i pushed them in.

you need to make sure that the rubber seals are grime free before they go in tho .

to be honest i dont no if that 40mm strip of double sided tape does anything ,all i do know is that mine aint budged since

edit : yes i did get them off eBay

Edited by pimpchez

I can not see how they come off when properly installed??

There is a 10mm ridge that runs all they away round them, you have to practically bend them in half to get them in/out.

The sticky tape im or of an aid to ensure it doesn't sag slightly at the top curve.

Had mine on for all my motorway driving and at santa pod, they didn't even 'flap' 'whistle' o'shudder' (come up with your own noise) when I carried on down the strip and got to 125mph (missed the turn off)

So don't let this sway your decision. buy them if you like the look or not

im about to do a 'Gaz'. one of my window seals is starting to wander up and around...... a set of these would kurb that. can you get un-tinted ones?

Lol @ gaz nearly doing 100mph at Santa pod!!!

94.1mph is nearly 100mph! :P

im about to do a 'Gaz'. one of my window seals is starting to wander up and around...... a set of these would kurb that. can you get un-tinted ones?

Haven't seen any un-tinted ones... but the other option is £80 for a new seal from Mr T or go to a scrappies to rip one off a Corolla (if you can find an E12 Corolla in a scrappies!)

I'm tearing my hair out trying to find Team Heko Wind Deflectors that fit the 02 Corolla, nothing coming up on eBay and I can't figure out how to buy them from the official site as there isn't any sort of buy button :crybaby: Does anyone have a working link at all?

Do a thread search mate. I linked an eBay seller who foes hekos. 3 door and 5 door not long back.

He doesn't include team heko in his item title so they won't show in the eBay search.

any one else thin we should pin this topic just so people can talk about heko wind deflectors as it seems to be such a debated topic

Is there any way due to contraction-expansion (heat/cold), the HEKO deflectors to stop being so "tight" on their position?

Thanks Luke, dya know any of the words in the title?

Madvinegar I reckon it'd have to be REALLY hot for them to expand/contract, it does say on their website that they are weather proof (there is a sunshine symbol) so I guess it's something they will have taken into account.