Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Connects2 Ipod Interface

sheepscloth

Hi Guys

I want to connect my iPod to the headunit in my 2003 Tsport.

I have found a module from Connects2: CTATYIPOD001, that makes the OEM headunit think the iPod is on gargantuan CD changer!

However, before I pile in and order this I want to know if any of you guys have tried it? Does it work seamlessly?

I want to keep the OEM headunit, so don't tell me that I will be better off with an aftermarket unit.

Cheers

K

pretty sure this has been covered before try doing a search.

but from what I remember it works, but there's a hit and miss success rate.

some people have it and it works for a short time then stops, others have had bother from the offset.

maybe the issues have been resolved now, i dunno.

actually scratch that:

I've got a connects2 USB + aux adapter, works a treat, would highly recommend it.

It tricks the headunit into thinking its a CD changer, so retains steering wheel controls.

from http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118742&st=0&p=1067955&hl=connects2&fromsearch=1entry1067955

I have installed an xcarlink.

It tricks the oem radiocd to think that a CDplayer is connected.

I can play MP3 songs from an SD card or from a USB stick.

Plus I can connect an iPod.

I ordered it from eBay. If you also order the bluetooth equipment you can also connect it with your mobile phone.

xcarlinkbluetooth2.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

Hi,

Been looking at similar options, while the xlink / connect2 units seem good they are the price of a new usb head unit - though it depends on how you want you dash to look.

A mate suggested the FM transimtters, thought they went out with the ark, but seems there are loads more around, many for under a tenner, anyone tried them... ??

ipod / MP3 Fm transmitter

I have installed an xcarlink.

It tricks the oem radiocd to think that a CDplayer is connected.

I can play MP3 songs from an SD card or from a USB stick.

Plus I can connect an iPod.

I ordered it from Ebay. If you also order the Bluetooth equipment you can also connect it with your mobile phone.

xcarlinkbluetooth2.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

Thanks buddy

Havent heard of this one, I will check it out.

+1 xcarlink :)

Not a huge fan of FM transmitters, but if your area isn't prone to interference and pirate stations like mine it might be an option :)

Tried a ton of FM transmitters but haven't really found any that work well enough to be of any real long term practical use.

Always find that the quality is really poor and the volume is really low on them.

fm transmitters have very poor sound quality.

The xcarlink can play mp3s up to 320mbps.

Hi Guys

I want to connect my iPod to the headunit in my 2003 Tsport.

I have found a module from Connects2: CTATYIPOD001, that makes the OEM headunit think the iPod is on gargantuan CD changer!

However, before I pile in and order this I want to know if any of you guys have tried it? Does it work seamlessly?

I want to keep the OEM headunit, so don't tell me that I will be better off with an aftermarket unit.

Cheers

K

Hi,

Well just got one of these FM transmitters and very surprsied at how well it works.

The sound quality is more than good enough for normal listening while driving, it comes with a 12v power lead as well.

As well as full frequency control there are also three ' station' presets. Also has plenty of volume with my Zen.

Been on the road most of the day in built up areas and only had to adjust the tuning twice.

While a Connect2 should beat it for sheer sound quality this little unit does play from your MP3 without having to arrange your tracks into specific CD folders + you can use it on any car - worth its £4.30 cost just for that.

MP3 FM

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links