Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xt5 Sat Nav Removal

jedi134

Hi all does anyone know how I can remove my sat nav unit from my car. It's the B9001 TYPE. Any info or diagrams very welcome.

I don't want to damage anything.

To remove the head unit you must pull out the two silver panels adjacent to the unit,one of the hazard light switch and the other of the diff lock switch. Grab from underneath and pull out hard, don't be afraid these panels are tough.

Once removed take out the wiring plugs of each switch so as to work more freely and there you should see four screws which retain the head unit. Take care not to drop any of the screws for its very difficult to locate if dropped. Once these four screws are out you can pull the head unit out.

:thumbsup:

Thanks I will give that a go.

To remove the head unit you must pull out the two silver panels adjacent to the unit,one of the hazard light switch and the other of the diff lock switch. Grab from underneath and pull out hard, don't be afraid these panels are tough.

Once removed take out the wiring plugs of each switch so as to work more freely and there you should see four screws which retain the head unit. Take care not to drop any of the screws for its very difficult to locate if dropped. Once these four screws are out you can pull the head unit out.

I think it is a little different on the older RAV4.2 from 2005 compared to the RAV4.3? but having said that , "very difficult" still applies, but for "very difficult" read nigh on impossible!! I lost two of the four over time :ffs: Stick some blu-tak or some chewing gum on the end of the bolt head to help keep it!

For the RAV4.2, you would pull the two silver side panels, and then you have 4 screws to remove which are not too bad, but THEN, before you see any cables, you have to remove 4 bolts which need a (IIRC) 10mm socket driver and those buggers are the ones that disappear.

Once these are all out the way, then the unit pulls forward in its cage and you should be able to pull it enough to reach round and remove the various connectors.

This is what I used to do anyway :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I have removed it now, was`nt that hard after all, I was just worred about damaging the 2 silver panels on either side. I used a plastic wedge and they popped off. :thumbsup:

Just one other thing if I may.

How would I connect up an MP3 player to this sat nav unit? I have read somewhere that I would need to by some sort of adapter that would fit into the back of the CD changer port? Is this correct? Can anyone point me in the direction of such a device.

Just one other thing if I may.

How would I connect up an MP3 player to this sat nav unit? I have read somewhere that I would need to by some sort of adapter that would fit into the back of the CD changer port? Is this correct? Can anyone point me in the direction of such a device.

Have a look on the DICE website: http://diceelectronics.com/mediabridge-for-scion-1.html

I paid £99 for one of their devices for the 4.3 which supports iPod and an AUX input for any other MP3 player. Easy to fit once you have got the head unit out. There is a very good downloadable catalogue somewhere on the site.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links