Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice To Modify A Toyota Starlet Solida ?

QuickSpeed Starlet

Hey Guyss Im Real brand new to the starlet community and this forum .

Bassicaly i really need help and info on my car

My car is a Toyota Starlet Solida 1999 model . is this a ep91??

also id really like to grow into the starlet commmunity as i love these cars im 17 and close to passing my test

id like to modify my car to an exstent where it doesnt look boy racer but it looks stylish and is eye candy . If anyone could give me info and tips on how to modify my car it would really be a big help So much.

Thankyou Very Much :D

QuickSpeed Starlet.

• 1 month later...

he

Hey Guyss Im Real brand new to the starlet community and this forum .

Bassicaly i really need help and info on my car

My car is a Toyota Starlet Solida 1999 model . is this a ep91??

also id really like to grow into the starlet commmunity as i love these cars im 17 and close to passing my test

id like to modify my car to an exstent where it doesnt look boy racer but it looks stylish and is eye candy . If anyone could give me info and tips on how to modify my car it would really be a big help So much.

Thankyou Very Much :D

QuickSpeed Starlet.

[/qu

name jap for the win

the best way to modify would be a air induction kit which replaces the air box which will make the car louder and a bit quicker you could also get alloy wheels and a slightly larger exaust you could also look around for a body kit i have the tte body kit that toyota made but i think they have discontinued it now might get 1 some were like ebay or shipped from japan could also buy a lowering kit

Sell it and buy a Glanza S

or V(if you're allowed to go turbo)

Personally, I'd go for the Starlet GT Turbo(round headlights), the 1995 model, leave it stock and neat and it will be an eyecandy without looking boy racer.

• 1 month later...

Hi matey. The starlets little 1.3 4efe engine can be tuned to give out good bhp. The first thing i would do is sort the handling out as starlets stock handling isn't the best lol. Ill just make a list for each category to make it easy for you mate.

Speed-

Get a Toyota corolla inlet manifold of the bug eyed 1.3 4efe as its a straight swap. This manifold has proven to add about 5bhp and you can feel the kick after about 4000rpm.

If you are confident and will be willing to do some work i would say go for the 4EFTE glanza inlet and throttle body. but this does require work.

Alot of people opt for the cone filter but under the bonnet it gets very hot and the filter gets alot of heat soak, I orignaly had a cone filter but as soon as i changed to a k&n panel filter i could feel a change in acceleration.

Next i would go for a custom 2"cat back exhaust system. costing about £180 but definitely a very good mod.

You can also go for an OBX exhaust manifold but they are very expensive. an alternative would be to go for a corolla 1st gen exhaust mani.

Handling-

The starlets handling isnt the best as you probably know lol. The first thing i did was to get a front strut that you can get of the ep91 (the one you have) or the ep82 model, as both fit. The rear strut will only fit of an ep91 and is a very good handling mod.

Next i would advise to get an anti lift castor kit.

Finally i would say get a rear anti roll bar which improves handling and cornering alot.

Well thats a start :P lol any question feel free to ask :)