Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Much...?

pavlitos

Hi guys,

am looking for some advice on how much you reckon I should put my car up for sale at, as I'm in need of something bigger, and the dealerships will only pay between 5 and 5.5k for a trade-in. I'm planning on selling it as it is (without dismantling!) and here are the details:

W reg (2000) SR model, with Toyota skirts kit, front fogs, carbon fibre bonnet, morette headlamps, lexus rear lamps.

It's done 25k miles and is in near tip top condition.

I am planning to sell all the original parts as part of the package, so can anyone give me an idea of what I should ask for in a private sale?

Cheers

Pav

Yaris1

Yaris2

All know is modified yaris will almost always sell for less than unmodified (probably by reasonable chunk. Have a look at Glass guide on top gear website and www.parkers.co.uk.

shame to hear it pav i would have thought 6.5k maybe???

youll probably get more if you sell all the bits and then sell the car as std?

Use autotrader to see wot similar cars are going for.

However, I would strongly advise that you take a week or two to restore the car back to its original state. Minus a few things like wheels.

If you don't then you better had knock a fair chunk off the resale price, and try and advertise in mags like fast car. Cus your gonna find it very hard to sell to mr.average or even boy racer - as they'll think you've ragged it silly.

Otherwise, give in to the trade-in price, as it doesn't sound too far off wot you will get for it, in its modded state privately anyway.

£5500 for trade-in ain't too bad. I bought my 2000 W-reg for £6000 a couple of months ago, that was mint with low mileage. You gotta expect a dealer to make £300-£500 per motor.

P.S. I'll buy your bonnet!

hi

i ask for a trade price for mine £7000 52 plate T sport about 6 months ago 7800 at a toyota dealer.

dear me were gonna miss you and i havent seen ur lovely car in the flesh :crybaby:

u gonna get another toyota?

thanks for your replies peeps - I know I would fetch a bit more money by dismantling what I've put onto the car and restoring it to its original state first, but I can't be doing with the hassle at the moment - when I do sell it (possibly soon) I'll be posting up the various parts on here first and then on eBay if no success. PS. the bonnet won't be selling cheaply, as they're difficult to get hold of and I know what good quality it is - once on eBay the reserve is going to be between 450 and 500 quid - bought for over 600 after shipping taxes.

Will keep you informed anyway :crybaby:

I'll keep the surprise of my new car under wraps for now (haven't exactly made my mind up in all honesty!)

Cheers for the advice

Pav :thumbsup:

i would have thought it better to return ot to its original condition!the dealers would have a wider target of customer to aim at then!!

plus u can sell of all the mods!!!

how much for the bonnet??? :beer:

CB :thumbsup:

chrisb

the bonnet won't be selling cheaply, as they're difficult to get hold of and I know what good quality it is - once on ebay the reserve is going to be between 450 and 500 quid - bought for over 600 after shipping taxes.

my old bonnet is currently living in a box 150 miles away, so won't be able to swap them over until Easter when I've time to go and get it.

cheers

Pav :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links