Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-Sport Radio/cd + Display Not Working

Tommy_M

I have a 2005 Corolla T-Sport and the radio/cd player and it's display has stopped working, display is completely blank. I have looked at the CIG 15A fuse behind the glove box and the Dome 15A in the engine compartment and replaced them both with the spare 15A and no joy, still the same problem? The cigarette lighter, interior lights, a/c display, clock and internal instrument lights are all working, seems to be just the head unit. Anyone got any ideas what else it could be? Does the head unit have it's own fuse in the unit itself?

There is a secret in the OEM radioCD of the E12s.

If you keep pressing one of the round buttons - don't remember which of the two - (either the one that switches on and off the radio plus increases/decreases the volume or the other one which tampers the settings of the radio) for 3-4 seconds, the display turns off.

If you press it again for 3-4 seconds it switches on again.

Is there any way you have done something like this by mistake? Try to press both of them (one at a time) for 3-4 seconds and see if the display turns on again.

Sorry I don't remember which one of the two does that...

Hi Tommy, I had exactly the same problem last week(I dropped a piece of metal in the cigarette lighter thing and it I guess it shorted everything out.) After changing the CIG15A fuse behind the glove box (I changed the air filter while I was there as it's right next to the fuse box) it sorted the OEM Headunit, AC display, clock and cig lighter. BUT everytime I turn my sidelights or headlights on the lights for the Speedo and Tachometer behind the steering wheel dim so much that I can hardly see them anymore. When I turn the sidelights/headlights off the speedo/tacho lights immediately come back to full brightness. I see that you also changed the Dome15A Fuse aswell - could that be my problem?

But Tommy said that the cigarette lighter, interior lights, a/c display, clock and internal instrument lights are all working.

Hi madvinegar, Yes I had exactly the same problem and have only partially fixed it by changing the CIG15A fuse but am stuck in regards to the lights for the speedo/tach. I was asking to see if anyone could help me out as I want to get it fixed but don't know what to do. It's a different problem to Tommy's (sorry for hijacking buddy) but very similar

to can change the brightness of the dials/tach when the lights are on.....get your manual out you lazy git! :P its all in there.

Is there any way you have done something like this by mistake? Try to press both of them (one at a time) for 3-4 seconds and see if the display turns on again.

Sorry I don't remember which one of the two does that...

Thanks for the suggestion but still no joy holding the power/volume buttons down, still no display or sound. Does the rear of the head unit have it's own fuse that might be gone?

Right I took out the head unit and checked all cabled going in, all were fine, no sign of any fuse in the back of the unit. I removed and checked all fuses in the car and all are ok. Anyone got any other ideas?

broked! :(

mines not working after my accident, ill let you know what hte problem is when tey fix it or replace the unit :)

Probably there is a fuse blown inside the Radio/cd player...

My next attempt to diagnose is to remove the radio and see if it works in another Corolla, if it does work I will know it's an electrical issue with the car.

mines being looked at by toyota next week (Monday)..... ive got the same issue! (after my accident) if you can wait a few days, i may well be able to shed some light on the matter.

lol. and whats wrong with that exactly? some people would love to exchange a stereo for the sound of a high reving nasp!

but yeah, as soon as i know and have a spare moment, ill post up the results.

Right I removed the radio and added a standard radio a mate had using iso connectors and it failed to power up too so it's looking like an electrical issue with the car rather than the head unit itself.

Probably the radio fuse is not fitted tight.

Yes not sure, I drove it around the day I removed and refitted all the fuses and it didn't work, seems to have fixed itself after sitting idle yesterday.

That's a nice ad for TOYOTA.

"Corollas... They fix themselves..."

hahahaha

i bet my insurance company is wishing they did 'fix themselves'.............

the repairer rang me today, all the bits not done first time are all but finished...... except for one.......the stereo display! he mentioned something along hte lines of theyre going to see if it can be repaired as toyota want the best part of a grand for a new one! ouch. glad im not paying B)

You should get them to check another radio in it first as I thought it was the radio but trying another one also didn't work. Then again it's their money they can diagnose and repair whatever way they want :thumbsup:

exactly. if it was my problem, id of put in one of my spares. lol. but its their job to resolve the issues from the crash. im quite happy to rail the **** out of their slow ***** courtesy car while they spank more and more money onto ma wee precious rolla! :D mind, itl need a new rear end at this rate to match the front! hahaha (suspension + hubs/etc, not body panels!!!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links