Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Droning Sound

modigliani

have had a droning sound coming from nearside somewhere for about a month, I can drive along at any speed and knock it out of gear and the droning sound is noticeable.

have had 4 new tyres fitted but still the noise continues, anyone else had the same problem?

welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

Can't help with the droning sound, the only droning in our Aygo is the wife moaning 'cos i won't let her drive it :yahoo:

Sounds like a wheel bearing. Is it more noticeable at certain speeds? I wouldn't leave it as a noise is a warning sign that something is wrong.

Sounds like a wheel bearing. Is it more noticeable at certain speeds? I wouldn't leave it as a noise is a warning sign that something is wrong.

I thought about wheel bearing but it has only done 32k and the noise is not a high pitched whine, its still under warranty and due a service so will let toyota sort it hopefully !!!

but thanks for the feedback.

have had a droning sound coming from nearside somewhere for about a month, I can drive along at any speed and knock it out of gear and the droning sound is noticeable.

have had 4 new tyres fitted but still the noise continues, anyone else had the same problem?

hi ave also got the same problem as you,it seems to be comming from my left rear its only noticable around 30mph and upwards, ive checked rear wheel bearing seems fine no play in it.mines a pug 107 only 20k on the clock.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought about wheel bearing but it has only done 32k and the noise is not a high pitched whine, its still under warranty and due a service so will let toyota sort it hopefully !!!

Any news on your droning sound,was it your wheel bearing?.

• 3 weeks later...

Udate i took my 107 into peugeot today needs a new rear wheel bearing :ffs: £164.54p fitted :eek: seems abit steep to me.The warranty wouldnt cover it because i had after market wheels on 15in 195/45/offset 35mm,it looks like they will do anything so they dont have to cover you .(t%&*s).

Udate i took my 107 into peugeot today needs a new rear wheel bearing :ffs: £164.54p fitted :eek: seems abit steep to me.The warranty wouldnt cover it because i had after market wheels on 15in 195/45/offset 35mm,it looks like they will do anything so they dont have to cover you .(t%&*s).

does seem steep compared to a regular garage.

However youve modified your car, they are WELL within their right to refuse a warranty fix!

Not a question of them not 'having to cover you' - your fault! YOU put different wheels on than standard, they could - probably successfully - argue that you caused the problem by putting non standard wheels on...

I'd never make any alterations like that until the vehicle was out of warranty... then frankly you can do what you like as long as it's legal and roadworthy! :thumbsup:

I have had my wheels on my Aygo for about 4 years and had to change 1 bearing in that time. Think its more due to the state of the roads thesedays with potholes everywhere tbh, like a slalom in some places. These things do happen but for warrenty work you shoud have put the standard wheels back on. I would be paying about £70 fitted for a wheel bearing though max £100.

I have a similar problem with my previous car. A Peugeot 106. The same droning noise would ONLY happen around 70MPH, and I found out over a course of 2-3 weeks it was the driveshaft! You have 2 driveshafts. One that drives the left, and right wheel. What happened was the CV Boot, or rubber seal had cracked,a nd let water in, and every tie the car went about or around the same speed it made a low whining noise, or droning noise which you describe.

s

My friend who had a Saxo had the same noise, and I offered to sit in her car, and liten, and I was surprised it was the same kind of noise. She was fed up with her car, and she had taken it to the garage and they didnt know what it was! I told her it was the drive shaft,a nd she came back the next day after her car got fixed with a huge smile, and relief after all the trouble she had.

Check you driveshaft seals. I dont think its a wheel bearing because you would really notice the vibrations, and noise from a bearing. I know as my mums wheel bearing went at eighty eight thousand miles in her old Austin Montego.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links