Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1993 Camry Smell Of Gas In Cabin

Justin H

Hi, I have a 1993 camry. I smell gas, especially when stopped in traffic. It goes away if I put on the a/c or if i turn the fan knob to recycle, instead of fresh. The exhaust was replaced recently, wasn't that. I was thinking maybe a vent or something, but can't seem to find anything. Any ideas/thoughts? Thanks. Justin

Hi, I have myself a 1994 Camry with a similar smell of gas (and oil); First wash the engine and and hose the outside including the car exterior. Check first for gas smell at the gas cap seal,gas lines and gas tank,pump and lines and fuel injectors. Also the air flow will bring the smell inside the cabin though the air conditioning unless you use recirculate. For oil(Check also at the Disributor base because of a frequent problem with oil seal inside. Check for leaks on the floor under the car and smell them to see if it is gas, oil or power steering or transmission fluid (red); Check for power steering leaks inside the engine area, hoses, pump, reserve, pump etc.

Remember to tighten all hose clips! Blessings...

Garr