Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hsd

Costa Del Solway

I've had my auris HSD since 1st September and 3700 on the clock. I like the car but for some reason not happy with it, I could not put my finger on it and state a specific reason. Never felt this way with a new car before, dunno if I am just being stupid or what, or got the January blues in February :crybaby:

How does all other Auris owners feel?

If I do decide to sell or trade in, then what do think I would get for a sale or trade-in on a £21k car, that is 6 months old.

Help / advice much appreciated.

I wonder if it is the hsd bit that is playing on your mind?

Sometimes they take a while to get the hang of...

I will admit that I'm now on my 2nd Prius and love it!!

Hope you get sorted soon...

2nd hand value? Probably two thirds of what you paid for it :crybaby:

Maybe you crave for a 'drivers' car rather than float around with an eye on the fuel consumption :unsure:

I have felt this way after changing a car but it was down to the type of car I had changed from and the expectations I had built up about the new one. It really depends what your mindset was when you changed, what were you expecting from your new car that your old one didn't give you.

If you haven't bonded with the car after five months you never will. Cut your losses and get rid. I think the residuals of Auris HSDs might pleasantly surprise you.

If I were you, I'd give it a little bit longer, and if you can, take your eye off the consumption.

We got our HSD in July and it was brilliant while I was working (18 miles a day in very heavy traffic) but when I retired at the end of November, I went through doubts myself because of my change of journey (to the local supermarket rather than to the office). The past two and a bit months have been cold and manky and the Auris's economy has been dire, but with the weather warming up a bit, the economy is coming back and I'm beginning to enjoy the car again. I put my blues down to all the disadvantages of a hybrid (small boot, buzzy engine & gearbox etc. etc.) with none of the advantages (economy, smoothness / quietness of ride etc. etc.), but now the weather's getting better, my feelings about the car have improved and I love driving it again.

I hope you come out of your doubts as I have, but if you do continue to have your doubts, there's no joy in driving a vehicle that you're unhappy with. Unfortunately, I think you will be disappointed with the trade in value though. I believe the forecourt price of a second hand T-Spirit HSD is between £19k & £20k, so I would hazard a guess that you'd be offered in the region of £16k.

I wish you all the best and hope you can sort things out. Dave.

Daveybee you may well be right, I will not do anything without a bit of thought this time, and do not intend to make a sudden change overnight. I was thinking of a similar valuation of around the £16k, which is a loss of £1k a month, might make more sense to keep it for the year and re-assess how I feel then. The value would probably drop not much more over the next 6 months.

But as Seamaster73 says, if I have not bonded with the car by now, I never will - maybe sums up how I feel

confused.com :wacko:

As I said, it's a real shame you feel as you do, and I really hope you do eventually bond.

I think it's worth giving it a bit longer, especially if the value doesn't drop substantially but it might be worth "idly" dropping by your local Mr. T's and "just out of curiosity" find out what the value might be in 6 months time - you may be pleasantly surprised... On the other hand, you may not, but at least you will know where you are and you will be able to act accordingly.

All the best and hope it all sorts itself out for you. D.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links