Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Prices - Second Hand

ricc

Seriously, whats with the massive variation in corolla prices at the moment.

the price of e12's is all over the shop at the moment. t-sport prices are massively varying.

just found this: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2460506.htm

although not much detail, it looks pretty straight, not sky high mileage for its age.....could well be a cracking buy. yet my car, 72k 2003, std as heel bar springs/filter, good nic, was valued at 4k by the insurance assessor (who are usually stingy!!). confused.com lol

aye, needs a good lowering and itd be bob-on.

i forget hte chap on here who has/had hte PFL blue t-sport on bc coilovers. looked the nuts.

the price of e12's is all over the shop at the moment. t-sport prices are massively varying.

although not much detail, it looks pretty straight, not sky high mileage for its age.....could well be a cracking buy. yet my car, 72k 2003, std as heel bar springs/filter, good nic, was valued at 4k by the insurance assessor (who are usually stingy!!). confused.com lol

Basically the rarer models such as the last colour collections which had climate control reg 06 to 56, and 07 cars are the most expensive. Some may even fetch as much as £8000 if they have the automatic transmission or a rare colour as such.

The corolla is holding onto its value incredibly well at the moment because it isnt sold in this country no more, and some people prefer the corolla over the auris for a number of reasons.

I personally think the steering on the corolla is alot more responsive and natural when compared with the auris.

However it is possible to pick up a good bargain. If you look in the right place. Especially on T sport models :)

Paddy someone I think?? Pre facelifts blue and green look the nuts when lowered and detailed!!

It does seem the older Toyotas are holding their value annoyingly well.

Low-mileage Corollas less than say 50k are especially expensive!!

And 5-door diesel Yaris MK1's still average over £5k!!! :eek:

(I wanted to swap my 3-door for a 5-door but the few dealers that have ones in decent nick want £2k in addition to my car! :eek: :censor: )

I for one, am more than happy for come of them to be holding supreme value! Had it been valued around 2.5/3k, I dare say it would have been written off.

as it stands it will have an entirely new front end drivetrain, then theres the new sump etc. once the paintwork and mirror are sorted, what would you think the car is going to be worth? Or would hte fact its been in a crash outweigt the good job and all toyota parts that were used to repair her.....

as it stands it will have an entirely new front end drivetrain, then theres the new sump etc. once the paintwork and mirror are sorted, what would you think the car is going to be worth? Or would hte fact its been in a crash outweigt the good job and all toyota parts that were used to repair her.....

was it registered on the log book as a cat d or anything? if it wasn't and all the parts are OE and its a good job up to factory spec i wouldn't worry mate normal joe public will have no idea doubt even if they knew what they were looking at they could tell if its that good esp after a good polish :thumbsup:

Interesting read this as a new t sport owner (as of today) I think I might of done OK in my purchase, originally looking for a Civic Type R but was fed up of looking at battered and bruised cars. Ended up with a CTS 55k 03 plate in good nick with DVD satnav and FSH. Handed over £3500 for the pleasure and have very quickly discovered the delights of Lift :thumbsup:

Obviously a very underated car that most don't understand

Count yourself lucky they valued it at that or like you say it might have been a write off.

Been looking into swapping mine for a facelift model and all they will offer is £2750.00 most places :lol:

Paid double that 18 mths ago so they can stick their offer where the sun don't shine, went to one guy even had the nerve to say as it was such a nice car he would still only be able to stick it up for £4500.00

Not a bad mark up that.

As stated the prices for T Sports in very up and down.

Paid £3200 from a stealer for my 02 plate 66k with TTE bits last January. Not sure I'd get much more than £2500 privately tbh? They do seem to yoyo a bit.

Well my 52 CTS part ex'd for around 2k back in June with 59k on it, popped up on autotrader soon after for about £3100.

But i had my 39k 05 Facelift for £5800 so didnt really care too much as it had heating issues. Prices havent changed much in my area lately and parkers is looking at just over 4k for part ex on my new one. ;)

Not sure if i'd want an 89k one for my daily driver though, even though the engines are super strong... perhaps for weekend fun!

Well my 52 CTS part ex'd for around 2k back in June with 59k on it, popped up on autotrader soon after for about £3100.

But i had my 39k 05 Facelift for £5800 so didnt really care too much as it had heating issues. Prices havent changed much in my area lately and parkers is looking at just over 4k for part ex on my new one. ;)

Not sure if i'd want an 89k one for my daily driver though, even though the engines are super strong... perhaps for weekend fun!

Wouldn't go to much by parkers anyway, all the dealers I have spoken to and mentioned them to hate them as they give the impression that you will get more for your car than it is actually worth, as I have found out when trying to part ex mine for a facelift version.

You will find a lot of dealers don't go by glasses/ cap as well as parkers etc. The preference is to price check against others on autotrader as this finds a much better indication of the real value for any given car. I've known the guides to be out wildly compared to a real world value especially on the sporty stuff

I sold my T sport 2 weeks ago, 2003 thunder grey, 74k full history, leather interior, lowered, up rated brakes,

side skirts, new tyres and all the usual stuff,

its been advertised since last july. i was lucky to get £3100 for it,

i've seen PFL's advertised up to £4000, but they dont seem to be shifting very fast from the adverts

or dealer forecourts.

I paid 4k for my black 54 plate t-sport 3dr 49k on clock FTSH and 1 owner, to be fair thou it was up for 5k on forecourt lol :thumbsup: