Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Aftermarket Seats - Help

Number1Norton

Hi Guys,

After driving the Aygo a few more miles, i feel that the seats just arnt up to scratch. I seem to kind of slide off the side of the seat when i go round corners at any sort of speed lol. So, i have been looking and have found some seats that i like. Something like this http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performance/Seats_Accessories/Seats_-_Reclining/Sparco_R100_Seat/2010/6123

Now, i guess they wont fit on the existing rails, but how do i know, and if they dont, how do i know what ones i need to make them fit?

Cheers

Harry

Hi there. You can pretty much fit any seat to any car - although the sub frame may well need to be fabricated or modified. EG - I fitted a pair of Cobra Monacos to one of my RAVs - I cut up the original seat mountings and a bit of simple welding made up a sliding mechanism that did the job. One thing you need to consider is that the MOT looks for the original one handed seatbelt operation to be there - so if you remove the factory seats, make sure you still have a buckle each side to fasten the lap belt.

I fitted a 4 point harness but found as I grew bigger/fatter that the belts were too short. Cobra offered a bespoke belt fabrication service using my dimensions to make up new belts.

What i did find is that the universal seat mounting is just that - it universally doesn't fit without modification. You can make up your own if you have access to a MIG machine or know someone who has. Just make sure you use the proper mounting bolts and eye bolts for the belts as theres not a lot of benefit to you, the belt, and the seat flying through the windscreen. :thumbsup:

The critical thing is the dimensions of the seats themselves. These sort of seats are much bigger physically than the factory seats and may not fit - especially in the width.

The universal sub-frames will need adjustment and fabrication as stated above.

These are the seats I was looking to fit to my car. So if you do fit them give us a tutorial and your opinions :)

Before changing your seats you should check with your insurance company, especially if your current seats have side airbags, as you would be removing a safety device from the car.

A simpler and cheaper option to replacing the seats would be a CG Lock for your seatbelt.

Before changing your seats you should check with your insurance company, especially if your current seats have side airbags, as you would be removing a safety device from the car.

A simpler and cheaper option to replacing the seats would be a CG Lock for your seatbelt.

I was thinking about the air bags. But aviva dont charge you for taking the air bags out as normally its air bags that writes the car off. Only thing is, i guess i would have to get a air bag light re set.

Obviously depending on what kind of seats you get, but full bucket seats can be much stronger than standard seats and so in an impact will hold you in place more and provide more strength. AFAIK most mainstream insurance companies look on it this way and won't increase your premium!

i guess i would have to get a air bag light re set.

Just solder a 2,2 ohm resistor in between the wires when you disconnect

the airbag (undo the Battery first, then wait 90 seconds before doing so!)

This should make the ECU think the airbag is still in place.

Just looked at the CG Lock. I think that this will solve my solution until i can afford seats :)

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got a CG Lock for their Aygo on stock seats?

I just upgraded to 195 tires and Apex springs so it corners like a beast now.

I just fly around the cockpit. ;)

Has anyone got a CG Lock for their Aygo on stock seats?

I just upgraded to 195 tires and Apex springs so it corners like a beast now.

I just fly around the cockpit. ;)

I havent yet, i was meant to order it this month but due to finances looks like its next month.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's some pics:

25032011035.jpg

13032011025.jpg

25032011039.jpg

Try to ignore the damage on the driver's side.

Someone hit my car while it was parked, I'm in the process of getting it fixed.

That will be my next big Purchase Fog lights me thinks getting fitted at Toyota dealer with people who know what they are doing or so i hope :P ... Nice alloys btw shame about the damage on the wing :(

Certainly feels like a track car :)

Here's my interior:

28032011045.jpg

Armster armrest. I love it :)

And the glovebox is the square type, not the rounded handle that comes on the 107's. So I now have somewhere other than under the seats to hide satnav's etc.

Edited by -Ub3R-

The rug is temporary . I'm trying to find some black material similar to what covers the spare tire normally.

You can buy sound proofing felt from Car Hi-Fi shops known as car sound proofing felt. You can buy different sizes of thicknesses. I ve tried looking in eBay for you but they only come in grey. You could type in car sound proofing felt in your search engine to find out if there any shops near you.

Oh, I forgot to ask, nice arm rest. Whast the manufacturers name, and where you buy it from?

Yeah. I have an Aygo+ so they are manufacturer.

Also notice the tweets in the front.

Thank you. Its a tad expensive for me. I might go for Jans idea and get an import. Ut looks good and comfortable in your car.

I swear that in the back you have speakers?

Those were standard in the Old Soundpack. With a 5dr the rears would be in the rear doorpockets.

With the new soundpack the "rear" Speakers are actually in the front doors, but are driven by the rear channels of the radio.

My CGLock arrived today.

Words cannot describe how good it actually is.

I have sat in a car with bucket seats and race harnesses and the CGLock comes close to how well harnesses hold you in.