• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rob1980

• ricc

• mr-p

• farhanali89

An oil change got rid of my 3rd gear notch but it took a good few hundred miles before it went

The gear oil change intervals on these are rubbish, should be every 40k

They are every 40k!

Interesting because my dealer and others think otherwise but if you heard its 40K then thats good because thats the way its should be, i've had thicker urine on a sunday morning than what was in my gear box at 48K miles

Interesting because my dealer and others think otherwise but if you heard its 40K then thats good because thats the way its should be, i've had thicker urine on a sunday morning than what was in my gear box at 48K miles

just gets checked every 40k not changed

How do you check it?? Is it easy to change??

Where is the re- fill point??

Love it.....................but dont assume thin is crap!

Personally on this thread, I think its the cut of the gears.

Try this;

Cruise along at 40mph in 4th, dip your clutch and very slowly move you gear lever back and fore from 4th to neutral. Try and feel for the point where the gears mesh/lock together.

Tell me wehat you feel?

If its not a crunch, as if your clutch is not disengaged, then my gearbox must be on the way to dying...even though I have had a new clutch 2 weeks ago and box bearings less than 15k ago!

BTW it suggests 40k interval in my service book.

It is easy too check, there is a level plug half way up the box, take it out using a 24mm spanner ind if it drips out its ok, if not stick your finger in and if the oil is on your finger it is ok. if not needs topping up

On toyota service sheets it says check the oil every 40k

It is easy too check, there is a level plug half way up the box, take it out using a 24mm spanner ind if it drips out its ok, if not stick your finger in and if the oil is on your finger it is ok. if not needs topping up

On toyota service sheets it says check the oil every 40k

My mistake on the oil, however I changed mine at 40k!