Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen 2 Prius Water Pump

diverdave

I have just recieved a recorded delivery letter from Toyota telling me that they wish to fit a modified hybrid water pump to my 05 reg T3 Prius.I part exchanged it for a Tspirit three years ago,and part exchanged that for a gen 3 two weeks ago.

Seems that their data base is a bit out of date ! :eek:

I noticed this recall on a Toyota web site, entered my details and it said that my car required the upgrade. The next day I was contacted by my local Toyota dealer who booked the car in next week for the new part to be fitted. Quite a slick operation, I thought. Hopefully, the replacement water pump installation will be just as efficiently dealt with!

Pete

Well, I had it replaced today and I was really impressed by the service I received at my local dealer; this was my first visit to a Toyota dealer and, to be fair, it was a pretty similar experience to the Lexus dealer when I had my GS which I traded in for the Prius. Very friendly and courteous customer service, tea/coffee served and magazines provided whilst I waited. The job took about 1.5 hours and the car came back cleaned inside and out - and I was handed a Toyota car clean/wash kit (polish, car wash, sponge, interior cleaner etc etc) in a nice zip up Toyota bag for my troubles. Can't be bad :thumbsup:

Pete

I had my water pump changed when my prius went in for a service. Was told it was changed as part of the warranty. Nothing was said about it being changed due to a recall though

• 2 weeks later...

I have just had my water pump recall carried out. A few days later all my brake warning lights came on and the car has been at the dealers ever since with dire warnings of ECU replacements and cost in thousands! Has anyone else had problems? It is difficult not to link the events. The car was exemplary up to the recall work. Only 44000 miles.The car is a 2005 Prius T3, not the RAV mentioned in the owners data. The RAV is going fine!

I have just had my water pump recall carried out. A few days later all my brake warning lights came on and the car has been at the dealers ever since with dire warnings of ECU replacements and cost in thousands! Has anyone else had problems? It is difficult not to link the events. The car was exemplary up to the recall work. Only 44000 miles.The car is a 2005 Prius T3, not the RAV mentioned in the owners data. The RAV is going fine!

Sorry to hear of your problems, is the ECU covered by the eight year Hybrid Train warranty ?

I have not been contacted and slightly concerned as I did not buy my car from a main dealer. I did fill in the change of ownership form though. I tried entering my VIN into the recall site referred to on another thread on this issue, but it did not recognise my vehicle. I then noted that the recall site was American.

Mine's a 56 plate so falls in the range - are they all affected or is it luck of the draw?

Sorry to hear of your problems, is the ECU covered by the eight year Hybrid Train warranty ?

Apparently not!

Latest update is that apparently the problem was caused by a corroded wire on the loom under the windscreen in the engine compartment. Toyota/main dealer eventually found the problem and fixed FOC! It took 3 weeks but I enjoyed driving the Aurus Hybrid the lent me for a couple of weeks.My own car now back as good as new(it seems). Thank you Toyota and the dealer.Vehicle and service reputation restored.

I have not been contacted and slightly concerned as I did not buy my car from a main dealer. I did fill in the change of ownership form though. I tried entering my VIN into the recall site referred to on another thread on this issue, but it did not recognise my vehicle. I then noted that the recall site was American.

Mine's a 56 plate so falls in the range - are they all affected or is it luck of the draw?

There's a VIN checker on the toyota.co.uk site. Go to 'owners' and you will find a link to Prius Water Pump Campaign.

Thanks - looks like I need one - can't be too serious given 68K on the clock and still functioning the only time I have had a warning light come on has been when I've been caught out by one of the many potholes in my neck of the woods.