Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

This Forum And Toyota Warranty

Hartside

We've had my wifes Yaris 1.3TR since the end of November and it will be 3 yrs old come early March. Having read about a few fixes under warranty, I decided to get a couple of things done before the factory warranty runs out and our "used" Toyota warranty cuts in. It went in the other week and had the rear parcel shelf replaced because the velcro was starting to delaminate, and the gas boot struts replaced because the tailgate needed some help to get it further than 80% open. At the same time I told them second gear was a bit notchy when cold and I was asked to bring the car back again last night and leave it, so they could try it cold.

Result! - the car goes back in a couple of weeks to have the following items fitted under warranty:

1) Selector shaft T33261-52190

2) Plate, shift in T33266-52021

3) Damper, shift L T33544-52110

If it hadn't been for reading comments from others, I probably would have lived with the above. Seeing as it's our intention to keep the car for a while, it's good to get it into 100% condition. I've seen others struggle to get items done under warranty, but my local dealer (Hodgsons) has come up trumps with each thing I've needed done

Well done!

It's good to hear good news regarding aftersale service, I've always been satisfied with the dealer's customer care service in my area. :thumbsup:

Good for you! :)

Cambridge Toyota have also been pretty good with warranty repairs so far.

I have had the selector shaft and the boot parcel shelf done. Also a driveshaft seal warranty job, don't know where that fault came from.

Didn't know the warranty covered the boot struts as well since I have had issues with the hatch not opening all the way as well, shall consider trying the warranty again as the car is also due for servicing and first MOT soon.

Is the notchy shift to second when cold something that can persist after the selector shaft is fixed? My car's gearshifts were smooth after the selector shaft was replaced, but after the driveshaft seal replacement (where there was a defective part which apparently caused oil to pour out) it's not been as good again, although better than before the selector fix.

I have problems with my 1st and 2nd gear as well. May pop by and see how's the service in Liverpool and Southport area.

I hope the service in the dealerships improved after the big echo of self accelerating Toyotas and previous CEO shame of "quantity over quality" way of manufacturing Yarises.

I've got to say the treatment in the dealership I used was perfect, to the point of embarrassment. From being greeted at the door, announced at the service desk, served tea rather than letting me get it myself, right through to rectification of the faults and cleaning/vacuuming the car. (I normally tell them not to do this as I'm anal about the bodywork, but I forgot)

It's a breath of fresh air after the nightmare I had with our local Honda dealer in 2006/7, and certainly not what I'm expecting from the VW dealershipfor my car, despite the car value being much higher than the Yaris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links