Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Much Was Your Full Services Charge?

jason_chinasz

Hi, I might need to do FULL SERVICE for my corolla in next month. and I got quotation from some garage and prices are all difference, £180 to £100. Please tell me normally how much do this FULL SERVICES charge? and what is full service including? thanks.

Well I guess at least that gives you an idea of what is done during a full service?

I got quoted £240 from Nationwide Auto-centres for a "MAJOR" service lol.

Western Toyota in Sighthill are good so give them a call.

If you supply your own oil you can probably save a bit.

Hi, I might need to do FULL SERVICE for my corolla in next month. and I got quotation from some garage and prices are all difference, £180 to £100. Please tell me normally how much do this FULL SERVICES charge? and what is full service including? thanks.

Believe you have got a 2002 1.6 Auto ?

You do not say what the mileage is or what has been done on previous recent services.

The term Full Service can be interpreted by who ever is doing the service - many things are classed as extras not covered by the term Full Service.

The previous owner of my car had it "fully serviced" just before I bought it but half the things that should have been done at 4 years old were not.

Apart from standard things like engine oil and air filters, spark plugs, brakes and checks on the transmission fluid etc there are several things often classed as chargeable extras.

You should be having the pollen filter renewed if needed, the brake fluid changed if over 2 years since last done, the cooling system antifreeze changed if needed ( depends on what its filled with now)

If you look in your Toyota handbook /sevice boolklets, if you have them, they show the schedule of works they recommend.

A book like the Haynes Manual is good even if you are using a garage to do the work, the manual at least let you know what to look at to check things have been done properly - tha manual has a big section on regular service items and schedules.

• Like 1

Believe you have got a 2002 1.6 Auto ?

You do not say what the mileage is or what has been done on previous recent services.

The term Full Service can be interpreted by who ever is doing the service - many things are classed as extras not covered by the term Full Service.

The previous owner of my car had it "fully serviced" just before I bought it but half the things that should have been done at 4 years old were not.

Apart from standard things like engine oil and air filters, spark plugs, brakes and checks on the transmission fluid etc there are several things often classed as chargeable extras.

You should be having the pollen filter renewed if needed, the brake fluid changed if over 2 years since last done, the cooling system antifreeze changed if needed ( depends on what its filled with now)

If you look in your Toyota handbook /sevice boolklets, if you have them, they show the schedule of works they recommend.

A book like the Haynes Manual is good even if you are using a garage to do the work, the manual at least let you know what to look at to check things have been done properly - tha manual has a big section on regular service items and schedules.

Thanks. how do you know my one is 2002 1.6 Auto ? my one had full service on last july on books but i don't know it was real as i brought it from private dealer. so i want to do a real service, is it a good idea on toyota garage adviced above by someone? will it be very expensive???thanks

Thanks. how do you know my one is 2002 1.6 Auto ? my one had full service on last july on books but i don't know it was real as i brought it from private dealer. so i want to do a real service, is it a good idea on toyota garage adviced above by someone? will it be very expensive???thanks

Hi,

Just looked back on your previous posts - you want to include that info in your profile - so many variants.

You do not say how many miles it has done which helps say whats needed, assume you have no receipts from the last service to show what parts were fitted ?

Call in at your local Toyota dealer and they should give you a good idea of cost, all standard service jobs prices are well known but you want to ask if they include things like I mentioned earlier.

They will of course quote top dollar but at least you will have a benchmark to go against.

As for other garages, well best if you can find one other folk use and recommend, even the one/two man small backtreet places can be good if you find the right one.

• Like 1

Hi,

Just looked back on your previous posts - you want to include that info in your profile - so many variants.

You do not say how many miles it has done which helps say whats needed, assume you have no receipts from the last service to show what parts were fitted ?

Call in at your local Toyota dealer and they should give you a good idea of cost, all standard service jobs prices are well known but you want to ask if they include things like I mentioned earlier.

They will of course quote top dollar but at least you will have a benchmark to go against.

As for other garages, well best if you can find one other folk use and recommend, even the one/two man small backtreet places can be good if you find the right one.

now the millage is about 46000 only, and full service show on done last july as its stamp on book only, but I don't have receipt only stamp. please help!!!! is there any part do usually includeing into the quotation ??? thanks

now the millage is about 46000 only, and full service show on done last july as its stamp on book only, but I don't have receipt only stamp. please help!!!! is there any part do usually includeing into the quotation ??? thanks

Hi,

You will only get quotes from Toyota etc that include parts in the price for the standard service items like filters and oil etc - check it includes Vat as well.

It impossible for anyone to tell what else you need without working on the car.

What you do is request a full service and check over at the quoted price - plus the agreement with you and the garage, that should the mechanics find any fault / defect outside the agreed schedule they must phone you to advise of the problem/s and the cost to correct it and give you chance to authorise, or not, any further repair /parts.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links