Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scratched Windscreen

applehead

Hi

Anyone recommend a procedure to remove a 9" very light scratch to a Yaris T2 windscreen. Think it was caused by a dirty cleaning cloth :angry: , only really notices when driving at night under streetlights .

Thanks

Its a shot in the dark, but have you tried Autoglass?

I had a crack in my windscreen and they sorted that free of charge - although that was through my insurance. (most insurance companies have this included.......)

Lee

and if it is in the line of vision...and noticible..then it will be an MOT failure.

So yeah try autoglass as someone said. Sometimes you'll have an excess on windscreens...usually £50 and it doesn't affect NCB

Vipes

Thanks for the replies , it is in direct line of sight but very light ie you can only just feel it with a finger nail .

Will try toothpaste !!, if not then someone at work recommended cerium oxide so will try to source that .

i hit a pheasent at 60 mph a week ago and its feet scrated the screen in drivers eyeline,i bought some, mer glass polish,it definatly took the edges off the scratches, they are not completly gone but you have to look to see them if you get my meaning...... B)

dont think that Auto Glym will work. Best glas polish on the market tho!!

RainX did a slightly abrasive cleaner for taking light scratches out. Dont think they do it anymore tho but some places still might have some