Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Death Of Prius? - Sunday Times Today

markleigh

In the InGear section...

Is it me or does the paper love having a pop at Toyota / the Prius... or am I suffering from Prius Paranoia?

You'd think they'd big-up the Plug-In Prius more!

M

Erm, who reads The Times?

Conceited, arrogant types who look down their noses at anyone else who doesn't own a country estate in the home counties with a fleet of Range Rovers. The type would couldn't care less about the cost of petrol and would laugh at anyone who tries to save it to cut their costs.

Ok, bit of a stereotype but I don't think Toyota will be too worried. ;)

I read the times and I'm not like that! But I agree with Mark, it's had a negative prius article two weeks running and it makes you wonder there is a hidden agenda.

Erm, who reads The Times?

Conceited, arrogant types who look down their noses at anyone else who doesn't own a country estate in the home counties with a fleet of Range Rovers. The type would couldn't care less about the cost of petrol and would laugh at anyone who tries to save it to cut their costs.

Ok, bit of a stereotype but I don't think Toyota will be too worried. ;)

Oi... but we do have an Auris as well, so we might be a bit strange anyway... :drool:

Snigger... :lol:

Actually, I don't think Toyota will be particularly worried, after all, all publicity is good publicity!

Do we care what the times thinks? The people that read the times aren't going to buy the Prius anyway. As far as the Prius losing its 'crown' to pure electric cars, well when electric cars have a 600 mile range perhaps, but that is more than a couple of weeks away!

frankly I don't even bother to read so called professional reviews of the Prius or Auris, none of them can manage more than 45 mpg simply because they can't be bothered to learn how to drive them and on that basis Toyota should tell the journo's to get lost when they ask to test one...

And as for Clarkson, if the car doesn't do at least 150mph he's not really interested....

If I earned the millions that Clarkson earns I wouldn't bother buying a car where I can save £3,000 in a year. I'd drive some 6 litre V12 mother******.

As I'm a humble cabbie and unable to live most of the year in the Isle of Man to avoid paying tax, a Merc S600 is out of my league so I drive something economical.

Same applies to The Times readers. They can afford to drive a Range Rover (some pretend they can) so why bother with an economical Prius? For a start you can't tow your horse trailer with one.

Anyhow, I know the Prius saves me **** loads of money and people are happy to call me all the names they want for £3,000 a year savings! :toast:

Well, my Prius isn't dying! I drove from Bournemouth this morning out to Exbury in the New Forest to take a service in a Baptist church out there - a fabulous drive both ways and I averaged an indicated 70+mpg both ways. I've clocked 430 miles on this tank and it's still going..!! Can't quite believe it..!!

Well, my Prius isn't dying! I drove from Bournemouth this morning out to Exbury in the New Forest to take a service in a Baptist church out there - a fabulous drive both ways and I averaged an indicated 70+mpg both ways. I've clocked 430 miles on this tank and it's still going..!! Can't quite believe it..!!

And in the past I've had a Merc S320CDi and a Lexus GS430, yet love the Prii's all-round abilities.

I like Clarkson for the entertainment show it is, although last night was just stupid with the combine harvester. And I do like petrol, love the big v8's in the boat, and I wished I went for the RS4 instead of the sensible 3.0V6 I've got in my audi convertible. But hey. My wive is still not convinced about the the Prius and would like a big suv again. However at the current moment I do think a Prius is the smart choice and it almost makes us laugh at the petrol pump. But the next few years will be interesting to see how it is all changing.

Do we care what the times thinks? The people that read the times aren't going to buy the Prius anyway. As far as the Prius losing its 'crown' to pure electric cars, well when electric cars have a 600 mile range perhaps, but that is more than a couple of weeks away!

frankly I don't even bother to read so called professional reviews of the Prius or Auris, none of them can manage more than 45 mpg simply because they can't be bothered to learn how to drive them and on that basis Toyota should tell the journo's to get lost when they ask to test one...

And as for Clarkson, if the car doesn't do at least 150mph he's not really interested....

Agree wholeheartedly - the Nissan Leaf is considered to be a great thing altogether - but the range is only 150 kms - and thats from a Nissan promotion person

so i imagine not many Leafs will actually do that in the real world lol

Red diesel

But with the way things are going in the middle east I can see petrol/diesel easily at £1.50 a litre this summer and maybe more by the year end :unsure:

Then we are up a certain creek! :eek:

But with the way things are going in the middle east I can see petrol/diesel easily at £1.50 a litre this summer and maybe more by the year end :unsure:

Then we are up a certain creek! :eek:

At which point our benevolent government will of course cut the amount of tax on petrol to help the population in its time of need

And I'm gonna win the lottery tonight :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links