Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Idle Surge?

damone

Hey guys, im new to this forum and am having a hard time finding the problem with my 1990 supra turbo.. Its a 7M-GTE (canadian) With about 1200miles on the rebuilt engine.. (bhg)

Ok, so heres the problem.. I can start the car, (about -10C outside) and it'l idle fine in high idle, about 1500 rpm's for a couple minutes, then start revving on its own from 1100 to 1300 rpm, up and down up and down..If I try to give it any gas, it will usually bog down and die, or just keep surging Ive pulled the intake all apart a couple times and havent found anything.. ive replaced the TPS, cleaned and tested the ISC, and cant find any vaccum leaks.. There is no error codes and the engine light isnt coming on.. Can ANYbody help me?? I'll be forever in your debt

It sounds like a vacum leak, go through everything very very carefully, if you can , take each pipe off seperatly and try to pressurise them. Also check the rubber connector at the throttle boy and 3000 pipe joint, as this is also common to split, but hard to see.

hey thanx for the suggestions.. I got it running good now.. Not too sure what the problem was though..lol