Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Steering Wheel Problem

leighg

Hey guys, I am first time driver. I bought a 06 Toyota Yaris Luna about 2 years ago second hand and thought that I new everything I needed to know.

Today when I'd parked the & took the key out of the ignition I for some reaon (unknown to myself) turned the steering wheel slightly to the right. THe wheel is now locked and I can't even start the car. I'm so embarressed that I can't even look after my own car. Please, please help I don't know what to do & I need my car to get to work. Gem

Sounds like the steering lock has engaged (as it should) Try putting the key in ithe ignition and moving the steering wheel side to side while at the same time turning the key in the ignition, that should free it up.........Hope i understood your problem correctly :rolleyes:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hey guys, I am first time driver. I bought a 06 Toyota Yaris Luna about 2 years ago second hand and thought that I new everything I needed to know.

Today when I'd parked the & took the key out of the ignition I for some reaon (unknown to myself) turned the steering wheel slightly to the right. THe wheel is now locked and I can't even start the car. I'm so embarressed that I can't even look after my own car. Please, please help I don't know what to do & I need my car to get to work. Gem

Hi, Gem. It sounds like you have just activated the steering lock! lol. Put the key back in and turn it at the same time as turning the steering wheel slightly left and right and the steering lock should disengage. Nothing to worry about. Perfectly normal. Andy.

I could kiss you right now. That trick is unbelievable. I can't believe it worked. You saved me calling out a mechanic.

Thanks Again

Kiss Kiss

Gem

I could kiss you right now.

Oh go on then...............:lol:

reminds of the time i lent a friend my mk111 cortina cos i was replacing the clutch in his car.

he parked up in a multistorey carpark,but when he got back he could not move the steering wheel cos of the lock,which he knew nothing about.he found the handbook in the glovebox but failed to find anything about the steering lock,though the system was explained.it took him three quaters of an hour till he found someone with a simuler model as mine parking up,who explained what to do.

as they say anything is easy when you know how.

i wonder if he gave that person a kiss,he didnt mention it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links