Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Got A Auris

mogbags

i have just got a 2008 t3 d4d 2.0 auris and i came across this forum and now i am worried i got a bad car i got a few questions so here we go is the handbrake fault for all models and how can i tell if the work has been done to sort it. same question for the leaking boot and can i fit an ipod to the stereo or would i have to have a new stereo fitted i cant check this as i am picking the car up in a few days after they service it and do the first mot for me thanks mog

Is the boot wet?

Handbrake isnt affecting all cars mine seems ok

the boot was ok when i checked it but it was a dry day when i looked at it im just worried now that i have gone and got another crap car will check it when i pick it up in a few days when its raining i just dont want another money sapping car like my meriva was but nothing can be as bad as that (2 steering racks in 3 years) plus a list of other stuff that would take a week to list

Folk must really be hammering their cars just before switching them off to have the brakes hot enough that they contract so much once parked.

Just enjoy it.

A lot of people don't have any problems. A few do, as with any car. Not familiar with the diesel variant but my 1.33TR is sweet as a nut!

i have a 2007 auris and i am happy with it so far, it has a knocking sound when you turn the steering when parking but this will be sorted under warranty, otherwise its trouble free.

nice drive on the motorway with decent MPG.

Welcome to the Auris ownership club!

Try not to worry about faults you read on forums. If you panicked about every fault ever written about a car on a forum, you would never buy ANY car! People rarely come on forums to brag about how trouble free their cars are, they come here for a solution to a problem and try to resolve common issues.

As for the two problems you have mentioned, my 2008 Auris has not had any Handbrake issues, and the boot is bone dry.

Use the info on here to look for faults that others have reported, but don't automatically assume your car will have them, or it will ruin your enjoyment before it begins.

As for the Ipod intergration, i'm not sure if it can be done (depends on your standard headunit i think) but i found the standard head unit to be pretty poor for sound quality and volume, so i replaced mine with a bluetooth and Ipod compatible Alpine head unit, and the difference is night and day. Might be worth considering a change if the Ipod is important to you and the sound quality isn't what you hoped for.

Good luck with the new car, if its anything like mine you should find it to be a great little car.

I was wondering what folk were on about saying the sound quality was crap until the weekend. I drove a SR180 with the standard stereo and yes it is really crap, my T180 has the satnav option which has great sound.

we had the sat nav in our old T180 and will say the sound was good but the CRZ has a very small factory fitted sub and in my opinion this does make a lot of difference and was what was missing along with USB input, otherwise its a good setup and looks smart as well.

Were have a accord tourer which has the sub fitted aswell, as long as you dont push them too hard it sounds alright

i have just got a 2008 t3 d4d 2.0 auris

Congrats getting the car. FYI, 2008 (57 plate) SR180, no handbrake issues, boot wetness was my fault I'm afraid but!!! anyone I've heard complaining of it has had it fixed at their dealer, free up till now, in all but one case I read of. Mine is booked in on the 1st March, I'm confident they'll fix it so it's not a massive issue.

Dave.