Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Caliper Sticking

Anthony Poli

Hi folks,

CAn somebody give me some helpdul information on how to track down the correct part number for a nsf caliper for a 2000 corolla 1.4 vida.

Nearly had a fit after a quote from my local toyota dealer (£335)

Thanks

Hi,

Other than the scrap yard you might not find any alternative to Toyota as its not a regularly replaced item.

Out of interest why are your replacing the whole unit - have you cracked the housing ? - most bits are replacable, eg the sliders and perhaps the piston /seals.

Hi,

Other than the scrap yard you might not find any alternative to Toyota as its not a regularly replaced item.

Out of interest why are your replacing the whole unit - have you cracked the housing ? - most bits are replacable, eg the sliders and perhaps the piston /seals.

I'm going by what the dealer said, they were supposed to have repaired the calipers when i had it in for the brakes sticking, the OSF is fine but the NSF is still sticking .

Hi,

I'm going by what the dealer said, they were supposed to have repaired the calipers when i had it in for the brakes sticking, the OSF is fine but the NSF is still sticking .

Hi,

Well as far as I know it must be either the Caliper slide bolts that cost about £30 a set or the actual Piston / Seal that are sticking - the Piston normally just needs a new rubber seal - you could get rubber kits - not sure about this model.

Other than those items the caliper body where those parts fit could be badly worn ? - hard to say without seeing it.

You could always try another garage for a second opinion - most drive in places will give a free inspection /quote.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links