Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket Sat Nav

Synergy

Hi

I'm getting an Auris HSD next Friday, without a built-in sat nav. I could go for a unit such as the Garmin 3790T, but I don't want to attach to the screen, as it will leave a visible mark, nor do I want to stick it to the dashboard. Any other non-destructive ways to mount it, or a similar device?

Or, I could go a built-in device. Any recommendations, that fit nicely in the dash?

Or, I could get a smartphone, but again I need to mount it.

Any ideas?

Rich

I use my smart phone, and all i have done is stick a magnetic phone holder in a convenient place on the dash.

Its not very noticeable, and won't leave any holes or marks when i remove it.

Might be a cheap alternative.

Go with a smart phone, satnavs will be gone in a few years the way the market is going.... I make maps for a living

• Like 1

I use the tomtom beanbag mount, it sits in the center of the dash and does not move around. Did not bother with the stick-on hook that comes with it.

When not in use it fits into the center armrest storage compartment, also it is powered from the USB plug in the glove box, and the lid will still close with just the short wire showing from the glove box to the beanbag mount.

If you didn't want to use a mobile phone I believe Trafficmaster still make smartnav with or without a touchscreen personally I would go with a smart phone as has already been said

My phone would cost £400 to replace, so i wouldn't use it if it wasn't secure :thumbsup:

Its NEVER once fallen off, even with the charger hanging from it and swinging around on corners.

• 2 years later...

I've just turned the Driver's side cup holder into a base for our Garmin SatNav: with the suction cup removed the holder still tucks neatly away. Haven't finished sorting the best route for the power lead but I think most of it will be tucked away in console/dashboard joints.