Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust Noise.

VVT-i_

Hello,

I was wondering if people on here could help me with a problem im having.

My father, owns a Toyota Avensis made in 2007. And ever since the cold weather has started to go, the noise has gotten worse and worse. I suggested take it into be looked at. The mechanic found a huge Ice block which has welded it's self to the cross member. But now, the weather has gotten warmer, and the heat of the engine has surely melted the ice. The noise stopped.

It started again just before it needed a service, and everyday without it, the "rumble" as i'd like to call it had gotten worse. Now the service has been done, and for a week it was all normal. But now, the "rumble" has started again.

It mainly started when you hit around 1,500 - 2,500 sometimes plus. And especially when changing gear, and maintaing the same revs. It seems to be getting worse.

Please, anyone who can help me, i'd be grateful for it!

Thanks, Kate..

Hi,

It could be as simple as your exhaust heat shield vibrating.

I had this problem & once the heatshield was removed, the noise went with it.

Marv

Um, it may not be the exhaust as I have had a similar problem with the air intake system. A number of other posts have suggested that there is a problem with the joint between the air intake pipe and the airbox. Haven't got round to repairing it yet but it isn't a major thing. Options to shove a bit of cloth into the joint or do a proper repair with silicone sealant or similar.

Thanks guys, I shall take a look when a ramp is next free.

I did not think it was the actual exhaust as it is when changing gear and maintaining revs.

Thanks for the input Guys! :D

Shall post for up-dates.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links