Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remapping A T-Sport

GraemeRob

Hello chaps! I've seen a few CTS's with a Induction Kit and I've been wondering if anyone has had a Remap done? I was thinking with my K&N Typhoon kit adding 10-12hp and a Remap adding another 10-15hp. Total HP around 20-27 for around £380 nicker. Hmmm...

Your thoughts please, cheers.

Doubt it very much Rob.

If anything could be gained from the T Sport ecu then I would say 5hp MAX, though I believe there is nothing to be gained from it.

10/12 hp from a cold air intake quite possible if the correct one selected.

Be careful with oiled filters, they bleed oil onto you air meter over time, reducing its read capability and your performance.

Better to focus on the rear silencer/full system if not done so already.

Glynn

Doubt it very much Rob.

If anything could be gained from the T Sport ecu then I would say 5hp MAX, though I believe there is nothing to be gained from it.

Be careful with oiled filters, they bleed oil onto you air meter over time, reducing its read capability and your performance.

Glynn

as corolla glynn said and from what iv done with ECUs t-sprts are pushed pritty hard with a standered map from toyota apparently they stopped making the engine as they were struggling to pass emmision tests.

Scott

There is no re-map available for the T Sport.... Fact!

Your only option is a piggy back ECU or full stand alone system.

:thumbsup:

Doubt it very much Rob.

Glynn

Great answer

If you gain 27bhp without spending serious money (££££'s), you'll be the first :lol:

Cheap tuning not an option on a highly strung NA unfortunately

There is no way the K&N kit adds 10-12 BHP

Not out the way Bong, std intake very restrictive, you just have to balance between correct intake and not drawing too much warm air hence my answer of possible if correct one fitted.

I removed the snorkel on my car and got an instant improvement, this mod has been around for a long time now and most have done it/fitted a SRI

10-12bhp is a full redesigned intake manifold like the DD, straight runners and flow benched to see the internal aerodynamics.

I put my standard airbox back in and guess what it doesnt feel any slower actually initially it feels a bit flat but its performance feels constant. The moment my induction was in on a cold engine i felt the car responded better, 20 Minute drive once warm and the car felt slow. That is heatsoak on a temperature controlled dyno where a generous inlet air temperature is used to work out the correction figure you get false claims of 10-12BHP.

I just proved my point i was banging on for years about......

164WHP.........corrected to 209BHP.......Hardly.

best off getting the car with full breathing mods mate,cold air feed,full exhaust system,good service!!

have you looked at the cams on fensport?

im sure they make the car more aggressive,but prob a bad idle..

Hi Guys

Remapping and the potential gains has been a hot topic in numerous threads.

Personally I am happy with the absolute power of my T-Sport, but sometimes a bit annoyed with the late power delivery, sure the late lift is fun when it whacks you, but in terms of everyday drivability I think it is a bit tiresome.

Therefore I did some reading and found that several Lotus tuners offers a remap( Lotus themselves included) for the 2ZZ-GE elises/exiges which basically lowers the lift point to 5700rpm from the current 6200rpm.

This mod should from what I have read improve driveability a lot. here is a link to the dyno result:5700rpm lift/ 6200rpm lift

Therefore I contacted one of the tuners: Kold Fire: www.kold-fire.com and asked if they had ever looked at toyota ECUs Corolla, Celica etc etc.

The answer was No, they had never looked at the toyota ECUs. Never really thought about it, as they had only been focussing on lotus.

However, I explained to them that there are no ECU upgrades available for toyota 2ZZ-GE owners, and know they have bought a Celica 2ZZ ECU to take a look at.

I would expect some feedback within the next months time.

I think this could be really interresting, so I am crossing my fingers.

Stay tuned!!!!

Hi Guys

Remapping and the potential gains has been a hot topic in numerous threads.

Personally I am happy with the absolute power of my T-Sport, but sometimes a bit annoyed with the late power delivery, sure the late lift is fun when it whacks you, but in terms of everyday drivability I think it is a bit tiresome.

Therefore I did some reading and found that several Lotus tuners offers a remap( Lotus themselves included) for the 2ZZ-GE elises/exiges which basically lowers the lift point to 5700rpm from the current 6200rpm.

This mod should from what I have read improve driveability a lot. here is a link to the dyno result:5700rpm lift/ 6200rpm lift

Therefore I contacted one of the tuners: Kold Fire: www.kold-fire.com and asked if they had ever looked at toyota ECUs Corolla, Celica etc etc.

The answer was No, they had never looked at the toyota ECUs. Never really thought about it, as they had only been focussing on lotus.

However, I explained to them that there are no ECU upgrades available for toyota 2ZZ-GE owners, and know they have bought a Celica 2ZZ ECU to take a look at.

I would expect some feedback within the next months time.

I think this could be really interresting, so I am crossing my fingers.

Stay tuned!!!!

Fu@@ing drooling now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could the sub 6 second T Sport be just around the corner? (Without massive amounts of mods done!)

I know Power FC is an option, but it would be great ( and definitely cheaper) and easier if it can be done to the standard ECU.

As I said then Kold-Fire told me that they have just bought a celica 2zz-ge ECU and are now going to have a look at it to see if they can do anything.

Cheers

Well done for getting the ball rolling, end of the day if they cant do anything then nothing lost, but if they can wahey, better aet up a group buy lol

Interesting to see what they charge if they can do anything at all with the Toyota ECU, i'd imagine it would be a serious amount for very little gain.

Fact of the matter is the engine is highly strung from the factory, any power to be had will not be cheap to obtain, breathing mods will make it rev a little quicker in the right ciscumstances and make it unresponsive in others and give a few more ponies way up at the top end but without serious money spent you're not going to gain anything which is why I bought my T-Sport knowing that I was happy with the way it performed from the factory and if I wanted something quicker, I would sell it and buy something quicker

Over the years i've owned a fair few Honda VTEC motors and i've seen people pump serious cash into their cars for what I consider to be very little gain, i've done it myself, I mean over a grand on an exhaust system, its laughable when I think about it now

Interesting to see what they charge if they can do anything at all with the Toyota ECU, i'd imagine it would be a serious amount for very little gain.

Fact of the matter is the engine is highly strung from the factory, any power to be had will not be cheap to obtain, breathing mods will make it rev a little quicker in the right ciscumstances and make it unresponsive in others and give a few more ponies way up at the top end but without serious money spent you're not going to gain anything which is why I bought my T-Sport knowing that I was happy with the way it performed from the factory and if I wanted something quicker, I would sell it and buy something quicker

Over the years i've owned a fair few Honda VTEC motors and i've seen people pump serious cash into their cars for what I consider to be very little gain, i've done it myself, I mean over a grand on an exhaust system, its laughable when I think about it now

my mate put £3 grand ish or just over and made 410bhp . 290lbs of torque on his civic EP3 16psi garret gt37 no that bad like lol

Thats boost, i'm talking NA, I dont even take into account boost on high revving NA engines I dont understand why people do it, personally i'd just buy VAG and get a much nicer interior

Thats boost, i'm talking NA, I dont even take into account boost on high revving NA engines I dont understand why people do it, personally i'd just buy VAG and get a much nicer interior

Now you are talking..............if I could afford to get rid of my corolla, thats the exact route I would take having been down it before!

Modifying our cars being worthwhile or not is another debate all together, and it concerns any car being a Nova, a T-sport or a Porsche. It is basically a matter of Hobby and passion, and in terms of money it is never worth it.

With respect to the 2ZZ-GE power then I am happy with the power i absolute terms, and you are absolutely right that it is already highly strung and near its limit. However, the idea of a different and more flexible power delivery by lowering the lift point is tempting, and I think by judging from the Lotus owners that this should be a huge improvement in terms of everyday drivability.

It will be interesting to see what they come back with over the ECU....

However Toyota's ECU is incredibly hard to do anything with hence Lotus using their own set up

• 4 months later...

Any further updates to add to this from Kold Fire, Sheepscloth?

Nope. I have tried emailing them several times but no reply.

So for now I guess we are stock with what we have got.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links