Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1997 Camry

Joscie

I am a new member and have been experiencing problems with my 1997 camry - engine light/misfires. I have taken the car to two dealership and have written to Toyota in Torrence, CA. The light comes on whenever it gets cold. The car stalled a couple of times. The following have been done on the Camry: spark plugs, transmission service, induction service, EGR valve, timing belt. On 3/9/04 the light came on again and I took it back to the dealer and they recommend that I changed the EGR valve (which was changed 2/21/03) and induction service (which was done 4/5/03).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The timing belt was changed at 95,000 miles.

Only the spark plugs were changed - the dealer did not mentioned anything about wires

wires can and do go bad. Before you buy some, it might be worth going out and pulling and replacing the wires. ONE at a time, pull a plug wire then put it back on, goto the next wire and do the same thing. Then go back to the coil or Dist-cap and do the same thing. Some times they get juck built up between the spark plug and the wire, kind of like Battery wires do.

You might also lift the hood and start the car when it is dark out, look for any sparks or lights flasging. That would be the spark leaking out of the wire Before it gets to the spark plug.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links