Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Castrol Magnatec On Offer At Asda

eddieinvader

Hi if anyone out there is looking for oil Asda have Castrol Magnatec 5w/30 Fully Synthetic on offer at £3 for a 1L down from £8

Saving £17 on the usuall cost of their 5L of Magnatec this is based on their 4L of Magnatec + the extra 1L of Magnatec to fill a T Sport :thumbsup:

The 10w/40 was also the same price.

Hi if anyone out there is looking for oil Asda have Castrol Magnatec 5w/30 Fully Synthetic on offer at £3 for a 1L down from £8

Saving £17 on the usuall cost of their 5L of Magnatec this is based on their 4L of Magnatec + the extra 1L of Magnatec to fill a T Sport :thumbsup:

The 10w/40 was also the same price.

Great heads up mate. :thumbsup:

Excellent Cheers,

I was gonna do mine shortly with exactly that stuff :) I actually have about 3 litres left from last time, but not too sure if oil goes off or not if its left standing :unsure:

I mentioned it in another thread but I had major issues in the past with Castrol magnatec. Had an oldskool BMW 318ti that I used to run on Mobil 10/40 for ages but my local parts shop started selling magnatec alot cheaper and so I started using that instead. Never had an issues previously but after a few years I started developing problems with a roughh as **** engine and then it eventually siezed. Turned out the high ash content in the magnatec sludged up my engine and blocked some of the little oil galleries and passages.

yeah fair enough, magnatec does make your engine alot quiter than alot of other oils, but the only reason it manages that is by using a high ash content to dampen the sound. Screw that!

It has always been drummed into me that Magnatec is the work of the devil and not to use it, this is from my MR2 roadster owning days so maybe things have changed. Seems a good offer.

I mentioned it in another thread but I had major issues in the past with castrol magnatec. Had an oldskool BMW 318ti that I used to run on Mobil 10/40 for ages but my local parts shop started selling magnatec alot cheaper and so I started using that instead. Never had an issues previously but after a few years I started developing problems with a roughh as **** engine and then it eventually siezed. Turned out the high ash content in the magnatec sludged up my engine and blocked some of the little oil galleries and passages.

yeah fair enough, magnatec does make your engine alot quiter than alot of other oils, but the only reason it manages that is by using a high ash content to dampen the sound. Screw that!

Thats a very good point. Its the reason why I went for Mobil 1 ESP (C2) spec for my Avensis T-180 D-CAT. ESP also mets the C3 spec as well. I think I'll stick to my Mobil 1 :thumbsup:

I mentioned it in another thread but I had major issues in the past with castrol magnatec. Had an oldskool BMW 318ti that I used to run on Mobil 10/40 for ages but my local parts shop started selling magnatec alot cheaper and so I started using that instead. Never had an issues previously but after a few years I started developing problems with a roughh as **** engine and then it eventually siezed. Turned out the high ash content in the magnatec sludged up my engine and blocked some of the little oil galleries and passages.

Thats a very good point. Its the reason why I went for Mobil 1 ESP (C2) spec for my Avensis T-180 D-CAT. ESP also mets the C3 spec as well. I think I'll stick to my Mobil 1 :thumbsup:

Hi Mistermena

as a fellow user of Mobil 1 esp,have you noticed that the later containers,thats the new green top ones,the specs information on the container differs somewhat to that on the original gold top containers.

i contacted mobil on their help line and was assured there is no difference to the oil spec of either.

but he did not know that the spec information was any different between the two.

yeah Mobil has always done me alright. These days i use amsoil. its a wee bit more pricey than mobil but I really do swear by it these days.

went to local sainsburys this morning,and noticed they had 1 ltr bottles of Castrol magnatec 5w 40 for sale.no other size but these 1 ltr bottles,they are asking £10 a bottle,which i thought a bit steep.

although i am a Mobil person,i asked a member of staff why only one size, he told me if i wanted a larger size then i would have to go to a garage.i pointed out that other supermarkets stocking oil gave a choice of sizes and brands.

he did not have an answer to the question.he new nothing about the subject.

Hi Mistermena

as a fellow user of Mobil 1 esp,have you noticed that the later containers,thats the new green top ones,the specs information on the container differs somewhat to that on the original gold top containers.

i contacted mobil on their help line and was assured there is no difference to the oil spec of either.

but he did not know that the spec information was any different between the two.

Hiya mate, I've only bought the green toped ones. But I'd seen the other gold ones and wondered what the ifference was, if any. Great oil ar far as I can see. Just wish it had a higher TBN numbr for better wear. :thumbsup:

as ive said,i was told its exactly the same spec for green or gold top.

but there is not as much spec information on the side of the container with gold top as the original green top one had.

Magnetec is decent - maybe a bit overpriced for what it is at full price, but at £15 for 5 litres its a billy bargain. You hear scare stories about everything on the internet - ive heard some people say that Mobil is only fit to oil a bike chain - which is nonsense.

Also, Magnetec 5w30 has been upgraded to fully synth (used to be semi) to meet the latest Ford WSS-C spec. Also meets A1 and A5 specs.

Fuchs/Silkolene Pro S 5w40 is the daddy for the tsport but very expensive!